Wireless Questions & Best Practices

• •••
Ethernet bridging and Unleashed

I currently have 2 R710s (one upstairs and one downstairs) in an Unleashed setup.  Everything works great, except I have ~3 devices that are Ethernet only, and they're nowhere near an Ethernet drop :(.I DO, however, have an old R700 collecting dust.  I assume I can set it up in standalone mode (sinc

Question

• 

Answered

Extend Ruckus network with 3rd party WiFi extender

I have a client, a private school, that has one teacher's classroom that is getting a weak signal. I can't move the existing Ruckus for the area, and the school does not have the budgeted funds to add another Ruckus AP at this time. I also do not really want to turn Mesh on at this time. I have a Ne

Question

• 

Answered

Accepted Solution

Can't connect to one of my WiFi network (R710)

Hello!As the address saying: i can not connect to one of my WLAN.My network is:Router: pfSense on miniPCSwitch: unifi 24 ports PoE switchAccess Point: R710 unleashedI have 4 networks (all networks assigned to IGB1 on pfSense):- LAN: 192.168.1.0/24- VLAN10 (management - MGMT - VLAN): 192.168.10.0/24-

Question

• 

Answered

R510 - One SSID per interface (untagged)

Hello,I own multiples R510 and a ZoneDirector 1200, and I'd need to use it as follows for a future use case : 1 SSID per interface. Litterally. I'd need 2 SSID on my R510, each one going out by a different interface (as there is 2 interfaces on the R510). I also need those 2 to be untagged.Is that p

Question

SKU for ZD1200 HA purchase

Hi everyone. i want to purchase ZD1200 with HA and want to add 50 AP, what is SKU did i need to purchase? Did I need to purchase another AP license for redundant ZD1200? Is it same with SZ100?

Question

• 

Answered

best practices

looking for some documents for wlan,zone,ap best practices and recommendationsworking with R510/610 and remote smartzone. just to compare to our configuration.our network is for residential users (Millenials)  .

Question

Licenses activation for APs on SZ124

Am I suppoused to see total number of APs? For example, I activated license for 225 APs first, and then I activated 135 licenses for APs. When I go to Administration/Licenses on SZ124 should the capacity number be 360? Both of licenses are permanent and activated on one controller. When I check on t

Question

can we buy extra AP license for ZoneDirector without ruckus Support contract ?

can we buy  extra AP license for ZoneDirector without ruckus Support contract ?

Question

Is Channelfly usable in real world scenarios?

While ChannelFly is a truly remarkable technology, I'm wondering if people have found that it's usable in real-world scenarios. For better or worse, Wi-Fi environments tend to be BYOD almost by definition, so we don't have too much control over what users show up with. And while one could work w

Question

• 

Answered

Unleashed Authentication Behavior

Hey Guys, I’m trying to get a straight answer from Ruckus but they’re giving me the runaround. I wanted to run my understanding of unleashed authentication by you and make sure I understand it correctly. The unleashed master AP creates and stores a local database/table of auth

Question

Important Announcement

Announcements

Categories

View More