Wireless Questions & Best Practices

• •••
Issue with pre-configuring R500 APs

Hi - I'm having an issue with trying to get a few R500 APs to preconfigure (in my office) for connection to a ZF3050 controller at another location. Typically I'm able to run putty, connect/log into the device, and run the command "set director IP 192.168.25.50, it says it needs to reboot, and it's

Question

SZ100 and r500 APs experiencing random latency issues

We have SZ100 on the latest firmware (5.2.2.0.317) and APs on firmware (5.2.2.1026). Everything has been working great until the end of June 2021. Randomly we have latency issue appear on the 2.4G.  The issues comes and goes without any reason. The campus is large and some remote buildings tha

Question

Official Solution

FragAttacks Security Vulnerability - RUCKUS Technical Support Response Center

At 11:00am PDT today, the Wi-Fi Alliance announced a new Wi-Fi security vulnerability, FragAttacks. The FragAttacks - RUCKUS Technical Support Response Center is our central web page that brings together all of the RUCKUS-related information you need to address FragAttacks, including: Security Bul

Announcement

New Ruckus Unleashed system

Hi We've already got one Ruckus Unleashed system that consists of five R320 Unleashed Access Points in Building1. Let's call this system Ruckus1 and it gives WiFi coverage in Building1.We now have a new building, Building2, that is on the same physical L2 network but currently has no WiFi coverage s

Question

Accepted Solution

R7xx series in R6xx series mesh

Hi All, We have an unleashed mesh with 3 R600's, we would like to add 2 more AP to this mesh. Should we go with R600 series itself or can we go for higher R700 series? All are presently indoor and the the new once will also be installed indoors. Thanks AR

Question

T710 Install inside

I have 4 of R610's inside a ICF house scattered inside at 2 levels for coverage but still have issues  getting them to function properly. Have dead zones with signal drops and equipment trying to move from one AP to other.  I also have a t710 that i have not installed outside yet. Can I

Question

Ruckus Smartzone 100 bidirectional multicast 7 mDNS

We are having an IPTV solution deployed and the IPTV provider has requested our Smartzone 100 cluster support the below. Can anyone point be in the direction on how to configure the below. Many thanks. The Guest Wi-Fi must support bidirectional multicast packet transmission (mDNS multicast IP: 224

Question

Need R610_5.1.2.0.373.bl7 Firmware

Hi, I need R610_5.1.2.0.373.bl7 vsz firmware. All the standalone firmware is not getting upgraded to Virtual Smart Zone's AP firmware

Question

upgrading Access Points from ZF7962 to R510

Hi – We currently have a Ruckus Zone Director ZD3050 with about 30 ZF7962 access points running version 9.8.3.0 build 58. We are keeping the ZD3050 because it’s fairly new, but we are replacing the ZF7962 access points with ZF R510 (model 901R510US00) to work with this controller. I&rsqu

Question

Bulk modification WLAN Group OFDM settings?

Is there a way to perform bulk modification of thousands WLAN Group OFDM settings? Instead doing it one by one via the VSZ GUI. Thanks!

Question

Important Announcement

Announcements

Categories

View More