Wireless Questions & Best Practices

• •••
7372 vs R310 which one has stronger RADIO stability and higher per client throughput?

Friend of mine is having some retired AP from his company. Currently I was advised of the choice of 7372 and R310. I am deciding on which one would be a better AP to be deployed for the purpose.Currently situation, a Mikrotik 951G-2HnD device has been deployed for WiFi coverage of a community hall o

Question

• 

Answered

Unable to authenticate every morning (spesific time)

Hi Experts..I have 86 Access Point that have same problem every morning, most client cant login authentication and connect until 10am while some other (only 1 per 8 client) can login before that timeIm using 3 Active Directory for AAA ServersI had try to ping each Access Point ip's replyping AAA ser

Question

Walled Garden not work with IPv6

I have a problem that is hindering the implementation of an ipv6 network for wireless users. Does walled garden not support IPv6? How can I solve this?Thank you.

Question

• 

Answered

Flooding Laptop MAC

when a specific laptop is turned on all other wireless devices lose their connection but when that laptop is connected to the switch with an ethernet cable the connections are all stable.typically when the laptop is connected via wireless we (7 other laptops and iPhones, occasionally more devices) a

Question

Locating connecting devices on a floorplan?

I've used avaya, cisco and alcatel and other APs in the past.  They often had a control suite that I could use and I could import a floorplan and place the APs on the floorplan.  Once I did that it could triangulate where connected devices were on the floorplan.    Is this possible with Ruckus?   I

Question

Cannot connect to SSIDs of Ruckus R710

Hi, hope somebody can help on this. Recently bought Ruckus R710 to use it as a router (instead of using shitty routers available at best buy)with my netgear modem. Opened package, made connections and followed Setup instructions and logged in to ruckus Admin Page and enabled 2.4 and 5g wireless ne

Question

Upgrade Latest Firmware ZoneDirector 1200

hi.. if I want to upgrade the latest version for ZoneDirector 1200 from 9.9.0.0 version, what the impact for the license? I have license for 7 APs in the ZoneDirector 1200 (5 APs default is free)

Question

Ruckus Captive Portal Integration with SQL Server Database

Is it possible to integrate Ruckus with MS SQL server database to get the authentication?Eg.VIP-WiFi > VIP Users are those who have an unique membership number; They should be able to enter their membership number (No password) in the portal and have access to the internet.

Question

Concurrent Users limits - is a hardware limited setting or a recommendation ?

Hello friends,The information about the Concurrent Users that a AP have as a specs is refering to a physical limit or something different ?It is a best practice thing for wireless speed/experience ? If It is, There are any documents about best pratice like disable something to expaned the concurrent

Question

ZD5000 9.12.3 DHCP OPT82 - Causing user failure and roaming

FriendsI have one big problem:My wifi network has an external DHCP server (WAG7750 Alcatel), and when my users access the wifi network (zf7341 / ZD5000 9.12.3.0 build 83), the first connection happens normally. However, when the user moves, he loses the connection, and to get a new IP, it takes almo

Question

Important Announcement

Announcements

Categories

View More