Wireless Questions & Best Practices

• •••
No mesh, no WDS, no repeater mode ZF7363

ZF7363 EOL device I understand that but it can't mesh on standalone, can't be a repeater, I have a Chinese £11 Can which has repeater mode and the signal is as good as ZF7363. I thought I will give Ruckus a try even thought it is an old device I would still expect it to do basic functionality.

Question

• 

Answered

Social Media WLAN - SmartZone Controller

Hi everyone!Is it possible to have Social Media WLAN at SmartZone controller?I found this option just at Zone Director. I'm missing something?Thanks!!

Question

[808 Cluster application stopped] on vSZ-E 5.0.0.0.675

We are testing vSZ-E version 5.0.0.0.675 before deploying to customer. Two errors occured about 3 hours apart.808 | Cluster application stopped | Critical | Outstanding | Application [NC] on node [TEST-vSZ] stopped.Is this a known bug in version 5.0 ? I have downloaded the logs, but I can't open a c

Question

AC+ not working with older devices - any other kind of secondary protocol I can add?

I'm part of an organization that uses Ruckus for our Wifi services. I do not know any of the exact specifics, because I am not part of the hardware team on our organization.We are using an AC+ protocol, and some of our older devices do not work correctly with it. We have gotten complaints from users

Question

RADIUS ACL attributes

Can`t find how to assign ACL with Access-Accept RADIUS response and what attributes to use.Want to know how to assign ACL via sending id and via sending ACL rules in Access-Accept RADIUS response

Question

• 

Answered

Client Isolation Whitelist Chromecast with R500

Hello. I walked into a situation that has 4 Ruckus R500 access points. There are 2 SSID's being broadcast, both on VLAN1. One is a private network that has no restrictions other than WPA2 password, the other one has the additional 2 checkboxes set to enable guest isolation (under advanced settings,

Question

Issue with hotspot redirect to captive portal

I'm having trouble with the hotspot redirect to captive portal for authentication. I have a Guest VLAN 201, where it's able to redirect properly. When a client connects to the Guest SSID, my firewall provides an IP address via DHCP and also a dns cache entry to point to the ZD's IP address. This wo

Question

help connecting Apple iPad 1st generation to Unleashed r510

Roughly 20 1st Gen Apple Minis are unable to connect with any of our 16 r510 Unleashed network APs. Enduser's BYOD iPhones and newer iPads connect w/o issue everywhere.I am able to connect to other WiFi networks such as at home and at the local Apple store just not on our Unleashed/Fortigate network

Question

R500 WiFi speed (2.4 and 5) seems limited to 100mbps despite FIOS Gigabit

Have read many posts and am convinced I have some type of configuration issue.  All of my new devices (e.g., iPhone XS, Surface Pro 6) seem to top out at 100/100mbps.  I don't use mesh, have 3 R500s and a ZD 1200 connected to Verizon FIOS Gigabit internet which delivers 800+mbps to my hardwired devi

Question

Connect AP ( R510) to Virtual SmartZone - Essentials 3.6 using wireless only ( without cables conected to the network)

Connect APs ( R510)  to Virtual SmartZone - Essentials  3.6 using wireless only ( without cables connected to the network) - I`m planning to use Mesh but I don`t wanna make  pre setups using network cables.  note: I`m not using unleash

Question

• 

Answered

Important Announcement

Announcements

Categories

View More