Wireless Questions & Best Practices

• •••
ZD3000 CHANGE

Hello, I have a similiar situation like another question posted... I have to change a ZD3000 (25 licenses) broken, I bought a ZD3000 (50 licenses) reconditioned, I do NOT have the configuration of the old ZD3000. Will the APs (ZF7982) recognize the new ZD3000 ? They are in a warehouse at 30-50

Question

• 

Answered

un activated licenses

can I transfer licenses that are not activated from one ZD 3000 to another ZD 3000?

Question

replacing controller managed by one company with our own.

I am replacing ZD3000 controller managed by one company with our own ZD 3000 to manage our own 24 Ruckus ZF7982 Access Points -. what is the best possible seamless way to do this?

Question

• 

Answered

Phillips Hue - Connecting to IoT Controller

So has anyone had any luck connecting a Phillips Hue Bridge to the IoT module?  Does it require any specific Plugin or should it connect without any plugins?

Question

AP Wireless Radio Hanging

Dear All... Has anyone noticed that the APs are showing online in controller but the wireless radio is hanged. If yes does Ruckus admits that AP's wireless radio gets hanged and wireless controller notifies about this issue? If No, who can confirm that ruckus APs has not radio hanging problem.

Question

• 

Answered

Why isn't 802.11k and 802.11r enabled by default in ZoneDirector?

For roaming purposes having the 802.11k and 802.11r protocols enabled is supposed to beneficial. So, why are these protocols disabled by default? Are there any drawbacks or disadvantages of enabling this protocol in any environment?

Question

Printer "unauthorized" on WLAN

I am trying to connect a HP OfficeJet 8600 to an encrypted WLAN. I get a connection error on the printer:"Unable to connect to the network." WLAN is on VLAN1 and all other clients connect and authorize fine. SSID authentication: openEncryption: WPA2Algorithm: AESZD (9.8.2.0 build 15) shows printer a

Question

• 

Answered

Trying to troubleshoot periodic disconnects

I'm trying to troubleshoot users who complain that their wi-fi periodically drops out, then automatically re-connects about 30 seconds later. We are using the ZD1200, version 10.1.1.0.55, with 4 R720s and one ZF7982 AP. About 90 total clients, mostly MacOS. Our primary SSID is set to broadcast only

Question

How can I see access point neighbors in VSZ

Running 3.5.0.0.808 VSZ.  Is there no way I can simply see access point neighbors and what other SSID's are being broadcasted by them etc?  Its a pretty basic feature that every vendor offers so I'm surprised if it is not available in VSZ?

Question

• 

Answered

Can't leave blank DNS entries on Virtual SmartZone High Scale 6_1 API?

I'm doing a WiFi setup where everything's handled, the APs are set to IPv4 Static, and the primary/secondary DNS fields are blank.When I configure them this way on the web, the blank fields are accepted. But if I try modifying the APs to static using the API, I get this message:{"message":"network.p

Question

• 

Answered

Important Announcement

Announcements

Categories

View More