Wireless Questions & Best Practices

• •••
Two R510 questions

First one is a little easier; can I run PoE to the PoE port then daisy chain to a powered router/switch like a Netgear? (I can't test this test because I haven't purchased everything yet, but I limited in my cabling and would like to put the r510 in the center of the ceiling, but from there run a c

Question

Virtual Smartzone - High Scale = Event Threshold all 90%

Hi Guys,I need your suggestion or recommendation to decrease the threshold value of the vSZ. There were times that it causes our vSZ to be unusable or we cant logon to the vSZ it says "server is too busy, Please try again" Would increasing the allocated vRAM, vCPU and vHD would lessen the threshold

Question

Defcon 27 Anyone going? Should we meet up?

Howdy fellow Wi-Fi enthusiasts, and professionals. Is anyone planning to attend Defcon in Las Vegas August 3rd through the 8th? It would be a hoot to meet up, share some ideas, learn and review wireless security practices together! If there are enough people going, we can discuss where and when to m

Question

• 

Answered

Wireless support for Androids

We have a new setup Zone Director 1200 and  about 40 APs r510   We have a nurse call app (RCare) that communicates using the Ruckus Wifi, we have a dedicated Vlan and SSIDProblem is the Androids from the Vendor, Rcare is constantly dropping the connection or searching.  iPhones work normal as do lap

Question

SWIPE can't see the staging zone

Good afternoon,I am planning to use SWIPE to register APs and place them in the staging zone until I am ready to configure the WLANs but when I login through SWIPE, I am not able to see the staging zone.I login The Administration Domain is available so I click NextNo Zones Available.Any ideas on how

Question

statistics, clients nuembers

Hi, Can I know the total number of clients connected daily at the end of the day?Thanks for your valuable help

Question

• 

Answered

SZ300 fw 5.1.x with many errors (WiFi Event)

Friends,We manage an event with the SZ300 fw 5.1. An event with 106 AP's, and we've seen some differences that are not yet clear if I should open a TAC support, or if I can get any common denominator here in the forum:1 - Latency failures (even with few users), and connection failure constantly in d

Question

Ruckus IOT suite & philips HUE lights and motion sensor

i am currently working on a project that involves pairing hue motion sensors,lights,smartplugs and ledstrips to the ruckus iot controller, but i have been stuck on how to make the light turn on or change brightness or colour when for example the sensor picks up motion. I have been trying to use node

Question

ZD3000 CHANGE

Hello, I have a similiar situation like another question posted... I have to change a ZD3000 (25 licenses) broken, I bought a ZD3000 (50 licenses) reconditioned, I do NOT have the configuration of the old ZD3000. Will the APs (ZF7982) recognize the new ZD3000 ? They are in a warehouse at 30-50

Question

• 

Answered

un activated licenses

can I transfer licenses that are not activated from one ZD 3000 to another ZD 3000?

Question

Important Announcement

Announcements

Categories

View More