Wireless Questions & Best Practices

• •••
C

Accepted Solution

Change IP of AP on Unleashed network

I recently added a new R710 to my unleashed network. It still had ZD installed when I got it so I connected via ethernet and updated it to Unleashed. No problem. When the AP came back up it grabbed a DHCP address from my network and joined the my Unleashed network.I don't really want the AP in my DH

Question

Captive portal redirection issue

Client connected to the SSID, gets the DHCP config but no captive portal redirection for the username/password, hence no internet access. Manually typing the url of the captive portal/ZD works fine. Any ideas?Cheers

Question

ZD1200 system upgrades question - adding Mesh

Never done Mesh before with Ruckus and I don't work with ZD1200 very much, mostly Unleased. This is a large property with the ZD1200 in the IT and AV rack. The system now has R500 x7 R510 x1 T301s x3 T310c x1 We need to cover two out buildings, so I was thinking to add a T310n or s to the

Question

Ruckus Security Patching after EOM

I have not worked with Ruckus AP's previously, and will be installing some R510's.I read the EOL policy at:http://a030f85c1e25003d7609-b98377aee968aad08453374eb1df3398.r40.cf2.rackcdn.com/support/Standard_En...However, it is unclear if security updates continue to be released between EOM and End of

Question

Hotspot Web page for Virtual SmartZone

Hi Team,Can anyone confirm if I can use the same documentation down below for Virtual SmartZone - (vSZ) or Is there another one? Enabling WISPr (Hotspot Services) in the ZoneDirector: https://webresources.ruckuswireless.com/pdf/appnotes/appnote-wispr.pdf Thanks a lot.

Question

WISPr call flow

Hi Team,Can anyone confirm the Ruckus call flow for WISPr services using an external subscriber portal and external RADIUS server?The manual is not very clear on this

Question

• 

Answered

Smartzone 100 and R730 Reboots/ Offline Issue

Is anyone having issues with R730's randomly going Offline and requiring the AP to be rebooted in order to get it back online?  We have been seeing this issue for about 30 days now and support has been unable to tell us why the R730's are doing this.  The AP's are inaccessible most of the time when

Question

• 

Answered

Interference with T710

Hello Ruckus community I am working on installing a wifi network with the T710 and I am faced with the presence of another wifi network in the same area. is it possible for the AP T710 to avoid interference from other networks with the activation of the channelfly? if so, how is it done? I want to

Question

How to set up VLAN with new Ruckus hardware

Hi everyone, we just built a house and we have the following network components: Netgear R7800 router with OpenWRT Ruckus ICX7150-C12P switch 2x Ruckus R320 APs (one on each level) I am completely new to Ruckus, VLANs and OpenWRT. My target is to have two VLANs, one for IOT/HomeKit component

Question

Latency (5G)

We are troubleshooting lag issues with wireless at one of our sites. We use an Ekahau Sidekick with Rukus best practices for a site survey. The site survey site (using ruckus best practice looks great) except for lack of secondary signal in some areas In the controller (Smart Zone 100, ver 6.0

Question

Important Announcement

Announcements

Categories

View More