SmartZone (SZ) & Virtual SmartZone (vSZ)

• •••

Accepted Solution

SmartZone AAA WLAN Access

I have my AAA setup via Windows NPS as Radius in vSZ. In ZoneDirector, I could map roles to grant access to specific WLANS based on the contents of vendor specific attribute 25053. Is there a way to do this in SmartZone? I can't add the same AAA because of the error "Duplicate IP/Port is found

Question

Accepted Solution

Wlan firewall profile precedence

I cannot seem to find an answer to this in the documentation, in zone director this was much more clear-cut than smartzone: In smart zone, which Firewall Profile setting takes precedence, WLAN Firewall Profile & limits or User Role Traffic Profile & Firewall Profile? I have a wlan w/ W

Question

Zero-IT device registration & DPSK on Smarzone 144

I'm setting up a new Smartzone 144 cluster and am trying to figure out how to duplicate the Zero-IT device registration that allows our users to sign in to the portal on the controller and pass Active Directory credentials in order to get a DPSK for our BYOD network. This has been working great on o

Question

Android 11 Guestpass login portal redirect failure

Hello, we have just noticed that Android 11 users are failing to be redirected to the Guestpass login portal after connecting to the SSID. They have to manually enter the Smartzone IP in order to render the login portal GUI. Are there any known issue with this ? We are running Smartzone 5.2.1.0.51

Question

400 Bad Request (Nginx)

400 Bad Request (Nginx) i have all i have run vscg-5.1.2.0.302 on Vmware workstation. and i already set ip address it working find after i access it web i have some error service such 400 bad request. everyone know how to solve it please guide me.

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Licensing needed for Virtual SmartZone?

I've got two sites on ZoneDirectors and one on Unleashed, each needing just a few APs but they need Mesh. To add to that complication, one site uses R730s so Unleashed is off the table. I've been evaluating SmartZone on and off and really liking it, and I've got plenty of spare hardware for deployin

Question

Random AP Flagged Status in VSG controller

On One particular zone in cloud controller, we are having 43 AP that concludes R720 and R510. It is quite Frequent that we are detecting a few random APs going into flagged mode. Does anyone has an idea why is happening and how to resolve it.

Question

Accepted Solution

Smartzone & Probe request without SPoT

Hi all, I am wondering is it possible for smartzone or the AP's themselves to forward all the probe requests they receive to anywhere other than SPoT? The SPoT licenses are prohibitively expensive and we would like the raw data (MAC, RSSI, Time) Thanks Tom

Question

Can Smartzone have Different IP Adresses?

Hello, My client (ISP) is asking me that can a smartzone controller have many virtual interfaces behind physical ports. For example, we can create many domains and zones but can those domains or zones have different IP addresses ? By this way, various clients enter different IP adresses in their A

Question

How can I migrate APs managed by a remote SMARTZONE to another SMARTZONE on the same LAN network?

We have 300 APs managed by a Virtual SMARTZONE controller supported on AWS in version 5.2.2.0.317 (this controller is published on the internet). We need to migrate the 300 Aps to a new Virtual SMARTZONE controller in version 6 that has been installed the LAN network. The APs are configured with a s

Question

Important Announcement

Announcements

Categories

View More