SmartZone (SZ) & Virtual SmartZone (vSZ)

• •••
Can you change the IP address of a vSZ?

We have a minimally licensed demo Virtual Smart Zone controller in our production network and would like to move it our lab network.  Is there a way to change the IP address of the controller?  We moved the controller VM from the production VMware environment into the lab VMware environment. The 'se

Question

SZ-100 Hardware redundancy

Hi Everyone, I asked this question earlier but now I have some more details and need some guidance. I have an SZ-100 (a SZ-104 to be exact). I have not had good luck RMAing equipment recently with Ruckus, slow response, and slow shipping.  If our SZ-100 went down for some reason I simply can

Question

Case uses of Mobility Domain ID in VSE

Hello, does anyone use this Mobility Domain ID when 802.11r fast roaming? I don't know well how to use this, for example if I have a venue with 3 SSID's should I create different Mobility Domain ID or can be all with the same ID? kind regards

Question

Adopting R300 to vSZ 5.2.2 in default zone 3.6

I'm dealing with the same supply chain issues that we've all been hit by lately. While my new APs are back-ordered for months, I'm scrambling to find a solution for Wi-Fi to open a new school campus in a week. What I do have are some old R300s I can use as a stop gap until my order comes in. So f

Question

VSZ - AWS - Multiple Interfaces

Hi,has anyone successfully created a vSZ instance in AWS using multiple interfaces for the different control planes ? (Management/AP Control/Cluster) like is possible on a traditional hypervisor setup?The Ruckus vSZ AWS documentation does not mention this and from my own testing so far, vSZ does not

Question

Missing features in SmartZone

Hi,here a small part out of the SmartZone manual: SmartZone controllers are better equipped to handle large WiFi deployments such as within campuses and when customers are vastly distributed; therefore, Ruckus Wireless recommends that you migrate existing ZoneDirector deployments to SamrtZone contr

Idea

Feature Request - Allow Web Authentication service to set Session Timeout to longer than 10 days

Feature Request Smart Zone 100 only allows you to set the Session Timeout for the Web Authentication Service (Captive Portal) to 14400 minutes or 10 days. This is a downgrade to Zone Director which used to allow 100 day timeout.  We are a school system and forcing the teachers to authenticate

Idea

Accepted Solution

Virtual SmartZone- High Scale - VMware datacenter decom

Hi all, hope your well in these challenging times. We are about to decommission one of our old data centers and I need to move the vSZ-H to a new VM-hosts in a new location. I can recreate everything there like ip vlans etc. however is there a proper way of doing this regarding licensing should

Question

How long does it take for an alarm to clear once the issue is resolved?

How long does it take for an alarm to clear once the issue is resolved? This is for a vSZ, firmware 3.6.2 and 5.2.2.

Question

vSZ 5.1.x Administrators - Active Directory

HiI have a vSZ (v5.1.2.0.302), and am trying to configure an AAA server for SmartZone Administrators.  The manual doesn't seem to be giving me what I need - or at least, I'm not seeing the wood for the trees.  I also have a couple of questions to follow..I've configured an AAA AD server: Administrat

Question

• 

Answered

Important Announcement

Announcements

Categories

View More