SmartZone (SZ) & Virtual SmartZone (vSZ)

• •••
vSZ-E Social Login Support in v6.0

I am trying to use the social login feature that was just released in SmartZone v6.0 but am running into significant roadblocks. I would like to know if anyone has managed to get this feature working and would be willing to share a sanitized version of their configuration. Specifically, I am trying

Question

SZ API query for specific attributes

I am trying to get some information using the API. The URI is /wsg/api/public/v9_1/query/ap If I POST { "filters": [ { "type": "DOMAIN", "value": "blah" } ], "attributes": [ "*" ] } then it returns all information, but if I do { "filters": [ { "type": "DOMAIN", "value": "blah" } ], "attribute

Question

Migration from SZ-100 to vSZ-E

Hello everyone, we are using a SZ-100 on 5.2.2.0.1161 and we want to migrate to a vSZ-E. I already found some helpful posts regarding migration with Switch-Over Cluster function, but i was wondering if an easier way would also be possible. This would be my desired procedure: 1. Install a vSZ-E

Question

Accepted Solution

RSSI reading comparisons

Hello, when looking at the RSSI readings for clients in Smartzone I notice they appear a lot worse than when actually on site using a tool such as INSSIDER to show RSSI levels. For example, the Smartzone client RSSI level might show -75dbM, however when using INSSIDER on the local laptop the RSSI i

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

7982 APs won't join SZ100

I have a SZ100 running 3.6.2.0.222. My zf7982 are running 3.6.2.0.254 and won't join the controller.  I have a bunch of R510 &  R710s that joined just fine.   I can ping the SZ from the AP and they are on the same network.  I manually added the server IP to the AP with

Question

How to upload certificate on SmartZone Controllers

We have often come across a situation where we had to upload the wildcard certificate on the SmartZone controller. The reason, we do not want to get:        Certificate error while accessing the management GUI of controller        Certificate error while accessing the Captive Portal/Hotspot p

RUCKUS Self-Help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

How to download AP firmware from SZ directly?

I've got an unleashed deployment I want to convert over to SZ now that they've been upgraded to a supported version for the R850. i'd like to skip the step of these things upgrading themselves multiple times to convert to SZ.  I know the SZ hosts copies of the firmware for every model of AP th

Question

Official Solution

[CVE-2021-44228] Apache Log4j2 RCE

Hello. Our customer is running a Ruckus SmartZone (sz-100) controller.The version of the controller is 5.1.1.0.598. The customer asked if the SmartZone has the following this security vulnerabilities. ** Vulnerability: [CVE-2021-44228] Apache Log4j2 RCE Thank you for your valuable answers to

Question

no 'Patch/Diagnostic Scripts' tab in SmartZone 5.2.1.0.515 for log4J exploit script.

Hello, I am following the instructions for uploading the log4J fix script, however there is no tab in my SmartZone cluster for 'Patch/Diagnostic scripts' i.e. only a tab within 'Diagnostics' - 'Scripts' for 'AP CLI Scripts'. Where do I upload this log4j .ksp script ? Thank you.

Question

Alert from SZ when managed switchport goes down

I have a vSZ (5.1.2.0.302) with a few managed switches (7150) and I'm trying to figure out how to get an alert from the vSZ when one of the ports in the switches goes down or comes up.Is there anybody who have any ideas ??The switches are accessing the controller by a public IP, and therefor does no

Question

Important Announcement

Announcements

Categories

View More