ZoneFlex 2982 home use, connection issues

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
I was recently given a 7982 for home use from our schools technical supplier. Upon configuring it for use, I cannot seem to get a device to stay connected to it. I come from the instructional side of technology, and I'm very ignorant when it comes to the technical side. Any insights on how they should be configured?

Firmware version is 9.6.1.0.15

I originally thought my cable modem might be the issue, so I went ahead and placed it. However, that seems to be working fine .
Photo of Robert King

Robert King

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Bogdan Prascevic

Bogdan Prascevic

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I think problem is in cable modem.

You need to reboot cable modem every time you change device attached to modem.

Problem is when modem recognise device attached to him, he remember his MAC adress.

When you do reboot, he will remember next device attached

Tell me if this solve your problem
Photo of Robert King

Robert King

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. I verified with the ISP that the modem is running correctly. I restarted everything. It seems now that the computer can connect to the access point at 2.4, but will not connect to the Internet. When I hardwire from the modem to the computer, it works fine
Photo of Monnat Systems

Monnat Systems, AlphaDog

• 708 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
quick questions:
Is IP being given by Ruckus or cable modem or its set manually? Ruckus by default does not give IP and has to be configured exclusively to do so if needed.

when you  said "computer can connect to the access point at 2.4, but will not connect to the Internet" - did you check if you got the right IP series and DNS ?
Photo of Robert King

Robert King

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Monnat , not sure if my reply to Martin below answers your question. From the user interface on the Aris modem, I'm not finding an IP address. However, to access the user interface, I use a 192 address. Is there way for me to tell this from the router?

To be more specific about the current issue, I have some devices that will connect to the router (kindle fire stick, iPad) but not access the Internet. A couple of other devices, such as my iPhone 7 and windows laptop, connect to the router and Internet fine. On the ruckuseand, I have set a static channel for both the 2.4 and 5.0 access points. Channel 9 for 2.4, and I believe channel 36 for the 5.0.

Again, I apologize for my ignorance! I appreciate everyone's help.
Photo of Martin

Martin, Official Rep

• 188 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Is you cable modem in bridge or router mode ? does it give a private address like 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x ?regardsmartin
Photo of Robert King

Robert King

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I apologize, I'm not sure how to determine this. To access the user interface for fourth the modem, it is a 192.168.100 address

Bogdan Prascevic

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
What am i sure about is that your modem gives only one public ip adress, not private.
easiest solution, if you have any router, wifi router, attach cable modem in wan port, and any lan port into ruckus. That will solve your problem
If you doesnt have any router, you will need to set local subnet(s), and virtual lan, in addition to set dhcp that will give your devices local ip, not public (that is problem with your setup).
Maybe you'll need to set proper port setup (i am not very skilled in that area)
Photo of Robert King

Robert King

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Bogdan, I am confused by what you're suggesting. Sorry. Below are pictures of the current configuration. I have been taking the yellow ethernet cord out of the modem and putting it into the laptop to access the user interface for the router. Something simple I missing?

Current configuration is :
Photo of Robert King

Robert King

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Bogdan Prascevic

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Whe you connect your laptop to modem, you get public ip on your laptop.
if you wanna connect access point to modem you'll need to add local subnet in access point and configure port to work in local subnet nat and route to wan (i am not sure about this config)
If this is confusing you can google it how to set local subnet, vlans and dhcp in ruckus access point ( i am not very skilled in this area).
You can allways use ordinary router (wifi or cable router) to server between modem and ruckus
Photo of Robert King

Robert King

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Upgraded the firmware for the router in hopes that would fix it, it did not. Current firmware is 100.1.0.0.432
(Edited)