Zone Director Downgrade problems on ZD1100

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
My ZoneDirector 1100 is by default on firmware 9.7, and I am trying to downgrade to Version 9.3.

Afer the downgrade, page hungs and the reboot causes the status light to be blinking steadily every half-a-second. All is green but no signal whatsoever on the ZD.

Any thoughts or recommendation on what I should do?
Photo of Joke Jong

Joke Jong

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Monnat Systems

Monnat Systems, AlphaDog

• 716 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
if status LED is blinking RED then something NOT correct. try rebooting and wait for 5-10 mins if still the same then perform hard reset. If reset does not solves the issue then probably box is broken now hence contact support for RMA
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 1982 Posts
  • 276 Reply Likes
Flashing Red Status LED means still uploading firmware image, a flashing Green Status LED means Factory Default mode,
which is what will happen if you downgrade without having saved a backup from the previous release.

Does your ZD respond when you ping 192.168.0.2 from a hard-coded PC (any other 192.168.0.x IP)?
If so, use HTTPS://192.168.0.2 and run the startup wizard.
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 1982 Posts
  • 276 Reply Likes
And does a power cycle of the ZD, and wait up to 20 minutes, get your LED from flashing Red to a solid Green?
ZD1100 might take a little longer to fully boot up the image.
Photo of Joke Jong

Joke Jong

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi Michael, thanks for the help. I just found out that after a downgrade, all settings will get wiped out. as such, I'll have to simply re-configure from 192.168.0.2 mode and viola! all will be well!

thanks again for the direction and help!
Photo of Joke Jong

Joke Jong

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi everyone, I have resolved this. Blinking status light in green simply means the ZD is in factory default set-up mode, and I need to go 192.168.0.2 to re-configure the ZD.

all is well, and I can downgrade the ZD with success.