zone director 1200 - disclaimer setup, kickoff times and facebook issues

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago

I have a zone director 1200 series with latest firmware which I have setup the majority of settings so far but need some assistance. I have checked the help files but I am unable to find any assistance there.

I would like kick off devices of a specific ssid after 1 hour of use then allow reconnection after 30 minutes is this possible and how ?

secondly I would like to setup a disclaimer when people connect to any ssid. Users connect by ssid and password or facebook login at present

and finally are there any peoples having issues with facebook setup, when I request it to setup social media login for facebook I receive an error message "register wlan failed" and can you use multiple social media types on one SSID ?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Photo of Gavin

Gavin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 2109 Posts
  • 297 Reply Likes
Hi Gavin,

A Guest Access type of WLAN can present the Disclaimer/Terms and Conditions that must be
agreed to, and we can schedule service of WLANs for only specific days/times.  You can have a
60 minute Session Timeout, forcing re-authentication, but not a 30 minute wait before next re-auth.
Facebook or other social media login access WLANs are supported, but different than Guest Access.
Configuration is outlined in KBA-5141 on Support:  https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000002277
You might want to confer with your local VAR or Ruckus account rep, to discuss some of your ideas
for consideration as Feature Requests.
Photo of Raghavendra Raghavendra

Raghavendra Raghavendra

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Gavin, 

I guess this is taken care from one of our support team member.

Regards,
Raghavendra.