zf7323 not supporting 2.4ghz

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
I bought a used zf7363 to go along with my 8 existing zf7363 devices (connected with zonedirector). The "new" one doesn't seem to have 2.4ghz. It's connected to my zonedirector fine...it accepts new clients...but only 5ghz clients. I can't seem to find any checkbox that shows that it's disabled. It has the same firmware as all my other units (9.6.0.0.267). Am I missing something obvious?
Photo of CharlesSpivey

CharlesSpivey

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Bittu

Bittu, Employee

• 43 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Hello Charles,

With reference to your post, if this AP is being managed by the ZD, you can view the AP's settings by looking under Configure > AP > Select the AP with the issue > Edit.
Here you have the 2.4 Radio setting and 5 G Radio setting, you have the option here to check if the WLAN broadcast is turned on or off.

Also you can look under Monitor > AP's > Click on the MAC of the problematic AP > Here on the AP page, you should have WLAN as one of the parameter and can check if the WLAN is deployed on the 2.4 G radio or not.

I also recommend that you open a support ticket and send the Support info file of the AP for us to check if there are any issues with the AP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Santosh
Photo of CharlesSpivey

CharlesSpivey

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I know it sounds crazy, but the 2.4ghz options aren't there. (see image) when I click edit, it doesn't have 2.4ghz section of options the way the others do.
Photo of Primož Marinšek

Primož Marinšek, AlphaDog

• 413 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
This is the Configure :: APs [email protected] instructed you to open the Monitor :: APs page and click on the MAC address of the AP in question
Photo of Monnat Systems

Monnat Systems, AlphaDog

• 776 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello Charles Spivey,

its a potential hardware issue. See if hard resetting the device corrects the issue or not. One of our community member reported similar one and resetting it corrected it. Give it a shot.

Hope it helps.
Photo of CharlesSpivey

CharlesSpivey

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did a full factory reset. I was prepared to reconfigure it, but I was quite surprised that the zonedirector found it and set it without any action on my part.

However, the 2.4ghz band is still missing. I have attached a screen shot of the monitor page, and you can see it only shows 5ghz.
Photo of Bittu

Bittu, Employee

• 43 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Hello Charles,

This looks to be a hardware fault and the 2.4 GHz radio details are not being displayed. Since you have already done a reset and see the same issue I suggest that you open a support ticket and have the unit replaced.

One last thing you can try is to upgrade this AP in standalone mode to 9.6.2.0.13 version of firmware and check if this makes a difference, if the issue persists this is for sure faulty hardware.

Hope this helps.