ZeroIT redirect not working since 9.7 update

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Guest access not working after 9.7 upgrade

Apologies in advance for the generic nature of this question but I have not been able to pinpoint a specific device, OS or browser that this is impacting.

I upgraded both our ZD3000's to 9.7 over the holidays and since then I have had a steady trickle of users complaining that the login redirect for the activation SSID does not work.

They are able to connect to the activation SSID, but when attempting to browse to any url, expecting the authentication redirect, the browser goes nowhere.

Manually typing in the url works.

So far I have reports of iOS devices, Windows 7 and Android doing this, with various browsers.

I have tested in my office with several devices and can't replicate the issue.

I was wondering if anyone else may have run into this with 9.7? I am loathe to roll back to 9.6 without further info as we would really like to start using the Bonjour Gateway features.

Rob
Photo of Rob Coote

Rob Coote

  • 37 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Keith - Pack Leader

Keith - Pack Leader

  • 860 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
This may be a bug, I'll open a case off this thread for you. There is a workaround I believe so hopefully you can stay on 9.7.
Photo of Rob Coote

Rob Coote

  • 37 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Ok thanks Keith. I was holding off on a ticket without some more specifics but from all reports it doesn't appear to be affecting any particular combination of device/OS/browser.
Photo of Rob Coote

Rob Coote

  • 37 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Alright I've been able to do some testing at a remote site reporting this issue on the following systems:

iPad 2 - iOS 7.0.4, Safari
iPhone 4s - iOS 7.0.4, Safari
Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1 - Chrome 24.0.1312.52, IE 10.0.9200.16721
Macbook Pro - OSX 10.9.1 - Firefox 22.0, Chrome 31.0.1650.63, Safari 7.0.1

None will redirect. All test NSLOOKUP and PING to redirect page successfully. All can get to activation page if the url is manually entered into the browser.

At my office which is on the same L2 subnet as the controller, redirection seems to work. I've confirmed there isn't any sort of firewall issue (hence being able to browse and ping directly) and with this being WAN traffic from our remote sites, doesn't pass any FW that would block traffic. That and it was working fine prior to the 9.7 upgrade.

Here's to hoping there's a workaround! :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.