Zero ZD APs on FM.

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Answered
Hi.

FM 9.13.1.0.9
ZD 10.1.1.0.42
ZD 10.2.1.0.75

ZD&FM Connected well. But APs not. (all APs are NOT standalone, ZD managed).
Photo of Alexey

Alexey

• 56 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 3043 Posts
  • 432 Reply Likes
Ok, you can see your ZD(s) under the Inventory page ok though, right?  Then, according to the User Guide...

Viewing ZoneDirector APs
Follow these steps to view a list of APs reporting to a ZoneDirector device.
1 On the List of ZDs table, display the ZD device that includes the APs you want
to view. When the ZD device does not appear on the table, search for it as
described in Searching for ZoneDirector Devices.
2 In the List of ZDs table, click the View More ZD Info link. FlexMaster displays
the ZD Detail section at the bottom of the window.

Can you click the 'View More ZD Info' link for your ZD, and does the lower pane fill with attached AP info?
Photo of Alexey

Alexey

• 56 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Glad 2 see U, Michael.
Yes I can click. I even see the perfomances (events) from all ZDs. But APs are Zero everywhere. 
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3043 Posts
  • 432 Reply Likes
I see Alexey, thanks.  I couldn't find a senior TSE with FM running, so we might need you to open a ticket.
Please share your original FM/ZD versions, and these screen shots.  We'll help figure it out.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/cases/new
Photo of Alexey

Alexey

• 56 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Good day.
Michael,
befor any tickets
could you please tell me MTU size reqired fot EthFrames for ZDs & FM spaced different nets?
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3043 Posts
  • 432 Reply Likes
No requirement, but default is 1500 bytes. Do you have encrypted tunnels between ZDs and FM, where you might need to adjust MTU?  That might be a consideration.
Photo of Alexey

Alexey

• 56 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
UPD:
If it is interesting for someone. It was the license problem. It was solved by Ruckus ingeneer in ticket. It was fixed by redact the MySQL database. As far as I understood my mistake was in installation procedure - I did not execute this recomendation: "If your Linux server contains an instance of MySQL before FlexMaster installation, then that MySQL instance and all dependent packages must be uninstalled before initializing FlexMaster nstallation."