WISPr NBI API problem (Bad request)

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Acknowledged

We are using Ruckus Virtual Smartzone High Scale controller
ver.5.1.1.0.589.
We are trying to setup Hotspot WISPr with the custom Login portal and Radius Auth according to next docs:

https://docs.arris.com/bundle/sz-511-wisprportalreferenceguide-sz300,vsz/page/GUID-AE85F41D-45AB-41EA-B803-1776A490A6B2-homepage.html

We have enabled "Northbound Portal Interface Support" with certain username/password (system-wide, no partner configuration).
Additionally we configured Hotspot (WISPr) at Services & Profiles -> Hotspot and Portals and Non-Proxy (AP Authentificator) with Radius settings.
WLAN was configured to use Authentification Options -> Hotspot (WISPr) and assigned to correct Hotspot portal.

After customer device connecting to AP it was successfully redirected to login page and we on our web-portal reeving all needed data for authorization process:

(
    [nbiIP] => 192.168.210.22
    [loc] => xxx
    [client_mac] => ENCa13yy
    [reason] => Un-Auth-Captive
    [wlanName] => XX-Cloud-Wifi
    [dn] => scg.ruckuswireless.com
    [ssid] => XX-Cloud-Wifi
    [mac] => xx:xx
    [url] => http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/bionic-backports/InRelease
    [proxy] => 0
    [vlan] => 1
    [wlan] => 1
    [sip] => scg.ruckuswireless.com
    [zoneName] => rxxxxx
    [apip] => 172.20.1.61
    [sshTunnelStatus] => 1
    [uip] => ENC23xxx
)

At the next step we trying to call NBIs Rest-like/JSON API sending POST request of "Content-Type: application/json" with next data:

JSON request:
{
"Vendor":"SomeVendor",
"RequestPassword":"XXXXXX",
"APIVersion":"1.0",
"RequestCategory":"UserOnlineControl",
"RequestType":"Login",
"UE-Username":"test",
"UE-Password":"test",
"UE-IP":"ENC23xx",
"UE-MAC":"ENCa13yy",
"UE-Proxy":"0"
}

but no matter which parameters we changing we always receive "Bad request" response:

JSON response:
{"ResponseCode":302,"Vendor":"Ruckus","ReplyMessage":"Bad request"}

HTTP/HTTPS returning same error messages.

I can't find any accessible examples of implementing this schema in internet/Ruckus forums, Ruckus's own Knowledge Base article
looks outdated and last examples not accessible, for example:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000002610

Additionally I can't see Northbound Interface-related log files in Diagnostics -> Application Logs, there is no such section and  I checked all reasonable logs to find them, none found.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Photo of Taras Taranenko

Taras Taranenko

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Taras Taranenko

Taras Taranenko

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I will answer my own question, so other people can see resolution:

1. Logs for Northbound interface errors currently located in Core/core-critical.log, and looks like:

2019-10-11 09:14:50,916 Core[nioEventLoopGroup-26-7] ERROR c.r.w.n.u.ValidationUtil - Vendor [Rukus] is not supported.
2019-10-11 09:14:50,917 Core[nioEventLoopGroup-26-7] WARN  c.r.w.n.h.NorthboundHandler - Validation failure, the content of request: {"UE-Username":"Fhjj","RequestPassword":"ghjj","UE-IP":"...

2. My mistake was using Vendor field different from 'ruckus'.
All other vendors was rejected with unpredictable "Bad request" response.

I would suggest Ruckus guys to extend their error messages with a bit more information, it should save somebodies time :).

Anyway, thanks everybody for looking in.