Wi-Fi connection randomly disconnects on 2013 MacBook Pro.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Hello,

We've been using Ruckus 7341 and 7363. My question is : Wi-Fi connection randomly disconnects on 2013 MacBook Pro. All up-to-date is installed on Mountain Lion 10.8.5. What might be the problem? is there any incompatibility between MacBook pro and AP?

thanks
Photo of Selahattin SADOGLU

Selahattin SADOGLU

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Bill Burns

Bill Burns, AlphaDog

• 203 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Disconnects for what period of time?
There are a few people who have had problems w/ macbook air's.
(less often I think w/ macbook pro's)

In general, people seem to think these problems can be resolved w/ enough tweaking to the controller configs, but I haven't figured out what the magic incantation is that makes things work.
I'd open a case w/ Ruckus.
Try to only make one change at a time, and make notes re: what changes caused what improvements.

I had issues w/ macbook air's roaming frequently between APs, and also brief (but sometime frequent) periods of connectivity loss.
Things seem to be better now.
Photo of Jelle Alten

Jelle Alten

• 60 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
What firmware version are you running on the AP's? Are these stand alone AP's, or with a ZoneDirector?
How many clients are connected when it disconnects?

Selahattin SADOGLU

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
@Bill Burns : Disconnect frequently as period of time. So what do you recommended?

@Jelle Alten : Installed latest firmware 9.7.0.0.220 for 7341 and 7363. These are stand alone APs.
How many clients are connected when it disconnects? no exact number BTW connected 5 MacBook pro at the same time. all of them have same issue

I'm asking again , Any issue reported regarding incompatibility between MAC OS 10.8.5 and Ruckus ? Because I've reviewed 9.7.0.0.220 (GA) Release Notes.
it says :The following client operating systems have been tested for compatibility with this release:
Mac OS 10.6.8 , Mac OS 10.8.4 , Mac OS 10.9

Selahattin SADOGLU

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How can I purchase support? when purchasing these APs does not internal support pack? if not do I have to purchase support?
Photo of Keith - Pack Leader

Keith - Pack Leader

• 860 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
If you contact the reseller who originally sold you the equipment they should be able to set you up with a support contract. We do not sell them directly.

Keith - Pack Leader

• 860 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
There are no known incompatibility issues with the MacBook Pro (any model..and I'm writing from one...). If a single client is having issues with wifi the most likely cause of the issue is that client. If you are seeing it with several machines then I'd be looking more at environmental issues like interference or possible configuration defaults that might have been changed.
Photo of Bill Burns

Bill Burns, AlphaDog

• 203 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Keith:
Not to contradict you but there seems to be some feeling that a vanilla-config controller has roaming / disconnect issues w/ some apple (and macbook) products.
https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruc...

Keith - Pack Leader

• 860 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, that thread is inconclusive (and many different symptoms mixed in) and we still have no "known" issues (doesn't mean there aren't any, just means we haven't ID'd root-cause). So...everyone having these Apple MacBook Disconnect (Only) issues please open a support case so we can dive deeper.

Keith - Pack Leader

• 860 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Oh..one thing..ask the user if they'd ever opened Wireless Diagnostics (alt-option and clicking on the wifi icon). I did that the other day and my connection went nuts even after I closed it. Took a reboot to correct.

Keith - Pack Leader

• 860 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Maybe this is worth a look as well - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5258?vi...