Why my Ruckus SmartZone 100 won't strart

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
Since this morning, my Ruckus SmartZone 100 keeps blinking  a red light on power on whit a bips, and can not access  from navigator
Photo of ayoub fariat

ayoub fariat

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Anxious

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Ankush

Ankush, Employee

• 73 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Ayoub,

Can you Ping SZ's IP or could you access it from Console port? If not, try rebooting the SZ and if it still doesn't recover, please open a Support Case.

Regards,
-Ankush
Photo of ayoub fariat

ayoub fariat

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i did ping on SZ's IP, no connection, i rebooted it man time, i always get the SZ stucked on blinking red led and ringing, how can i access it from console port? 
Thanks
Photo of Ankush

Ankush, Employee

• 73 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
You would need a console cable to physically plug into the SZ100's console port:

Photo of ayoub fariat

ayoub fariat

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i don't have a console cable and i don't know the other part of connecting it, that means i must plug to the console port of my SZ and the other part of cable??
does it fix the problem??
should i do a factory reset? is there any risk to lose all configs?
thank for  your priceless Help!!
Photo of Ankush

Ankush, Employee

• 73 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
With console access, we can verify if the SZ is booting on not and help isolating possible hardware issues. However, if you do not have a console cable, Factory Reset is another workaround.
Yes, if you do the reset, you may loose all existing config. But if you have config backup, it can be restored.

Photo of ayoub fariat

ayoub fariat

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i don't know if i have an existing config, i'm new on this company, anyway thanks for your time, Have a good day Ankush
Photo of Ankush

Ankush, Employee

• 73 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
You are Welcome and please do not hesitate to contact our Support Team if you need any help.