When is SmartMesh for the T300 available?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Have a network where there is an 11g bridge that needs to go. Awaiting SmartMesh on the T300 to solve the issue. as the 11g bridge is bottlenecking everything on the far side.
Photo of Top Dog

Top Dog

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of John D

John D, AlphaDog

• 499 Posts
  • 137 Reply Likes
See https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruc...

Michael, an official rep, said that it should be coming in 9.10 (aka 9.9.1) and it's probably a year out if not more. Not sure if you want to wait that long.
Photo of Top Dog

Top Dog

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks John. According to the Ruckus Feature Sheet on SmartMesh it seems it is supported on all Zoneflex Smart Wi-Fi AP's?

I can't wait that long TBH. I've also got issues with R700 as well. Seems it is a bit of a minefield with feature sets not available across the range.

http://c541678.r78.cf2.rackcdn.com/fe...
Photo of John D

John D, AlphaDog

• 498 Posts
  • 137 Reply Likes
If you look at the pictured products, it's a 7363, so that information was likely accurate two or so years ago but not since Ruckus introduced the R700.

I too would love to have AC meshing sooner, but as a home office buyer I have virtually no influence :)
Photo of Jay Tarbox

Jay Tarbox

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any update on this? It should be available pretty soon?
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 2183 Posts
  • 301 Reply Likes
With an update, the T300 (and all our .11ac APs) will include Mesh in 9.10 version,
expected next month. And furthermore, T300 will mesh with our .11n models that
are still supported (ie 7762/7782) that you may have in place now. This has been
confirmed by Ruckus PLM.
Photo of Erin Miller

Erin Miller

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,
I am new to Ruckus and just purchase some T301 and T300s that I want/need to mesh. Can I sign up for an alert to let me know immediately when 9.10 is available? Anxiously awaiting!!
Photo of Ian Lynch

Ian Lynch

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
HI everyone - we're on the beta program for 9.10 and I can tell you that it just works (like everything else Ruckus seem to do) :)
Photo of Lukas

Lukas

• 24 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Did you try 9.8 (beta)-9.8.1 :)? We had some rather serious stability problems at 5 GHZ with R700 APs. Did you encounter any problems? Could you tell me, where you joined the beta program? We are about do buy a lot of additional APs and I need meshing for some locations temporarely.
Photo of Ian Lynch

Ian Lynch

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Lukas
No we joined the beta with 9.10 and that is all we have tested.  We haven't tried meshing the R700 as we don't use that AP