Welcome to the Ruckus Diagnostic Dashboard (RDD) Forum page!

• Announcement
  • Updated 7 months ago
Ruckus Diagnostic Dashboard (RDD) is a lightweight tool that helps automate the troubleshooting and support process. RDD provides a single pane of glass view for Ruckus Support. Here you will find all the latest information on RDD releases, interact with the Product Management, and Support teams.
Photo of Aaron English

Aaron English, Official Rep

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Charles Sprickman

Charles Sprickman

• 31 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
What is it and what is the licensing?
Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Hi Charles,

There is no license for RDD. The service is complimentary with a Ruckus Support Contract.

Ruckus Diagnostic Dashboard (RDD) is a lightweight tool that helps automate the troubleshooting and support process. RDD provides a single pane of glass view for Ruckus Support. Here you will find all the latest information on RDD releases, interact with the Product Management, and Support teams.

For more information check out the RDD Value Proposition on the Ruckus Support Site https://support.ruckuswireless.com/Ruckus_Diagnostic_Dashboard

Best Regards, 

Aaron

Photo of EightOhTwoEleven

EightOhTwoEleven

• 118 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Looks like this product doesn't support vSZ-E 5.1.

(Edited)
Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi EightOhTwoEleven,  

On the contrary RDD Services currently support:
  • SmartZone (SZ) and Virtual SmartZone (vSZ) Version: 3.5+ 
  • ICX 7xxx/6xxx switches Version: 8.0.0+ 
  • FastIron CX/GS/LS/WS latest versions 
The platform will support Zone Director (ZD) and SmartCell Insight (SCI) in the near future.

Best Regards, 
Aaron

EightOhTwoEleven

• 104 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Interesting, because when I loaded it this morning, 5.1 wasn't a choice in the drop down list for vSZ-E.
Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi EightOhTwoEleven,

Thank you for the feedback! I see the problem and apologize for the confusion. In RDD please select the closest version to what you have deployed on the controller for now. We will auto correct the data format on our side. In a future release, we will auto-populate the version with what is detected from the controller and this configure step will not be needed. 

Best Regards, 
Aaron

EightOhTwoEleven

• 104 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Do you have any documentation for after the install and once you log in (that's where the documentation currently ends)? It's somewhat seemingly ambiguous. Have to create cluster first (some might think the name has to coincide with their current cluster name), then add controller? It should be more wizard based to be honest. Perhaps get the Cloudpath people on creating a wizard for the UI to make it easier.
Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi EightOhTwoEleven,

Thanks for the advice. I know a few people at the Cloudpath team and will chat with them. We have a Quick Start Guide on the support page. However, it is being rewritten by our publications team. An updated Setup Guide should be posted to that page early next week. I’ll make sure to announce it here when it is available. 

Best Regards, 

Aaron

Photo of Alexis Rivera

Alexis Rivera

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi 

Its there any beta version for ZD 3050?
Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Alexis, 

Great question. No beta for ZD at this time. We will support ZD and SCI in the 2nd 1⁄2 of 2019. I’ll make sure to announce the GA releases to the forum as soon as they are available.

Best Regards, 

Aaron

Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Check out our updated  Installation Guide and User Guide at: support.ruckuswireless.com/Ruckus_Diagnostic_Dashboard 

Best Regards, 

Aaron

EightOhTwoEleven

• 104 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Thank you for keeping us updated.
Photo of Jeronimo

Jeronimo

• 340 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Is it free only who have support entilement for SZ, AP or ICX?

If we have demo device of SZ, AP or ICX, couldn't we try to use RDD for lab or DEMO?

Our RDD for demo shows us pending status like below.

And RDD shows us below that devices are "offline".

Does it related a support entitlement of the device?

Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Jeronimo,

RDD is free to any customer with a valid support contract and there should be no issue with monitoring equipment in your demo lab.

The RDD phone home registrar sees the RT-RDD VM as offline. This can be from the ipsec tunnel being closed or a stalled process on the VM, resulting in the entitlement data you see as pending and the controller states not being updated. 

Can you reboot the VM and then look at: Administration > Ruckus Diagnostic Dashboard > Critical Services and verify that Cloud Registration and Cloud Statistic statuses are green.

If these are Online, the population of data can take up to an hour as data aggregation is run in 15 min intervals. 

Best Regards, 

Aaron

EightOhTwoEleven

• 118 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
How do I read these graphs, they seem "off" - aggregate throughput only in Bits? .. is this just control/management traffic or something?
Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi EightOhTwoEleven,

Thanks for the feedback. There are definitely more than one UI issue that need addressed in this data view. I’ll open a case with the Development team and get these views under review. 

Best Regards,  

Aaron

EightOhTwoEleven

• 104 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Thank you sir! At least I'm not going crazy, so there's that.
Photo of Jeronimo

Jeronimo

• 337 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
How do it configure to work good? 

Out RDD doesnt work still.

I gave up haha.

EightOhTwoEleven

• 104 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Right now, there's nothing you can do except wait for Ruckus to release a patch/update. So the product itself is bricked and unreliable until that happens. I'm surprised they didn't pull the download yet.
(Edited)
Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi EightOhTwoEleven,

I’m glad to see your instance of RDD is online and registered back to Ruckus. True with all new software there are growing pains and opportunities for improvement. Thank you again for your valuable feedback. The observations and suggestions you made have been added to the 1.7 code and will be released in April.  After the release we will auto update all VMs online from the Ruckus registrar.

Best Regards, 

Aaron

Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Jeronimo, 

I’m sorry you're having issues with the RDD configuration. What was the outcome of the VM reboot? In the RDD registrar I still see your VM as disconnected or offline. I’ve sent an email to the contact listed in the VM setup and would like to offer some assistance. 

Best Regards, 

Aaron

Photo of Jeronimo

Jeronimo

• 337 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Hi Aaron.

Though I had done rebooting, it doesn't work still.

Regards.
Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Jeronimo,

Please see my direct email and questions regarding your cloud provider firewall rules. I’ve copied our support team and we will work with you directly to get you up and running.

Best Regards, 

Aaron

Photo of Brian Powers

Brian Powers

• 23 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
@Aaron, 

Am I safe to assume since you cant have 2 Northbound Data Streams configured in a vSZ, that you cannot at present use the RDD and an SCI in tandem?

Thanks,

Brian

Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Brian, 

Not a safe assumption. RDD contains an MQTT bridge capable of monitoring multiple SZ/vSZ controllers and then sending that data on to an instance of SCI. For more information  on this feature check out the RDD User Guide.

Best Regards, 

Aaron

(Edited)
Photo of Brian Powers

Brian Powers

• 19 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Thanks!  I didn't read far enough down that guide while I was setting it up.

EightOhTwoEleven

• 118 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
When is the 1.7 release expected to be released, it's currently April 17th.

EightOhTwoEleven

• 118 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Noticed the new update was released. Will we have to blast away our current deployment to re-create, or will there be some way to upgrade what we have?
Photo of Aaron English

• 24 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Hi EightOhTwoEleven, 

RDD 1.7 is now GA. For existing RDD users there is no need to update to the new version. Over the next few weeks the support team will push out the 1.7 update to registered VMs automatically.

In RDD 1.7 we have added: 

• Monitoring for ZoneDirector
  • Simplified the add controller process by auto discovering versions
  • Fixes for metric calculation views
  • Fixes for switch group connection displays
I'd like to thank you for the feedback and suggestions you have provided for us to improve this version of RDD.

Best Regards, 
Aaron
(Edited)