Way should i bother upgrade ZF7372 to 100.0.0.0.127?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Ruckus can't supply release notes for a regular user.
If i known this before we decided to go for ZF7372 i should have look for other products.

Never seen this kind of weak support model.

Kind regards,
Beppe
Photo of Beppe Stålbrand

Beppe Stålbrand

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • disappointed

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Munish Dhiman

Munish Dhiman, Employee

• 100 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Beppe,

It is available on the support site .

Thanks
MUnish
Photo of John D

John D, AlphaDog

• 497 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
Are you able to access the release notes for ZoneDirector 9.9? I don't recall if that's premium or not.

I believe the 100.x.x release notes are mistakenly marked as Premium Support, but there's really not much useful information in it, and you have to refer to the what's new documents for 9.9 to understand the changes.

Concretely, I am aware that they fixed band balancing behavior for standalone on 100.x but not on 9.9.x.

Note that in most cases, opening a support ticket with an explanation of why you need access will get you access. That helped me a lot when I was a standalone-only customer.
Photo of Beppe Stålbrand

Beppe Stålbrand

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi,

MUnish:Only "Premium Support" as John says.

John: There aren't any 9.9 release notes available. I use it in standalone setup.
Sorry for being so harsh, it might just be a mistake.
Have to put on my humble hat =O)

For no known good reasons I updated one of them,
and I suddenly have a "island-1C98A0" SSID on both bands from the update.

The "Band Balancing" sound like a realty nice feature.

Please share the documentation, it's very unprofessional to not know whats going on and assume what's new and how it effects our infrastructure.

Kind regards,
Beppe
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 1991 Posts
  • 280 Reply Likes
Number 2, connect to the island ssid with a PSK equal to "ruckus-" followed by the ZD admin password (two attempts above deleted the zd admin pw part).
Photo of John D

John D, AlphaDog

• 497 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
"island" implies mesh, which isn't a standalone mode of operation, right? I presume because he's loading 100.x.x and doesn't have premium support, it means he doesn't have a ZD?

My standalone ZF7372 running 100.0.0.0.127 is also broadcasting an island-NNNNN SSID, even though it's never meant to be in a mesh configuration :-/
Photo of Daniel M

Daniel M

• 41 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Any update on the mysterious island-* SSIDs on non-mesh/standalone APs? FWIW, there’s no mention of this in the Release Notes.
Photo of Beppe Stålbrand

Beppe Stålbrand

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
John Dong: You so right =O) on the spot.
I'm in standalone AP and all answers is that it's in mesh config and ZD can fix this.
I don't have ZD and I'm not going to need ZD and if thats the only solution, I will looking in to other brands and products.
::Beppe
Photo of Beppe Stålbrand

Beppe Stålbrand

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
About ISLAND. I quick fix i found out ( I don't give any support on it)
login via ssh and bring the ISLAND's down

set state wlan102 down
set state wlan103 down
Photo of Munish Dhiman

Munish Dhiman, Employee

• 100 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Beppe,

Please share your email , i will send you the docs.

Thanks
Munish
Photo of R.W. van der Knoop

R.W. van der Knoop

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Good afternoon,

I have the same remark to make; I can not access the release notes for version 100.x.
Why should I bother to update if one can not read the release/history notes?
I want to update my 7363 ...

With kind regards,

R.W. van der Knoop
Photo of Cordelia Naumann

Cordelia Naumann, Official Rep

• 47 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi all, apologies you cannot see the release notes. I have made them public now so you can all download them.
Photo of Daniel M

Daniel M

• 41 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
So the Release Notes mention 100.0.1.0.45, but I can’t find this anywhere. They also mention a “What’s New in Ruckus Wireless Access Points 100.0” document, but I can’t find this anywhere either.
Photo of John D

John D, AlphaDog

• 497 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
Even as a Premium Support document, I've only got access to the same release notes file, that indeed does refer to an unreleased 100.0.1 firmware. This is not really unusual though -- I've seen previous 9.9 and 9.8 release notes refer to unreleased firmware versions before they become generally available.

As an end-user, I've not noticed many changes in 100.0 firmware for standalone customers. It seems to primarily deliver the benefit of single SKU cross-compatibility with all Ruckus configurations (ZD, SCG, etc). Michael mentioned that this firmware might have a fix for standalone mode band-balancing.

I did notice as a bug/regression, my standalone AP now creates the "island-XXXXX" SSID's. But other than that, I've not noticed any performance difference or noticeable Web UI difference in standalone mode on 100.0 vs 9.8.1.
Photo of Michael Brado

• 1996 Posts
  • 280 Reply Likes
Ruckus new base image AP firmware 100.x has been posted to the Support site firmware Downloads page since Feb 2015.
Photo of Daniel DEDISSE

Daniel DEDISSE

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
still get the island-xxxx ssid with 100.1.0.0.194 on each reboot even with mesh disabled
Photo of Michael Brado

• 1996 Posts
  • 280 Reply Likes
I just started a new post on the topic of Island SSIDs, and put together a KBA with details.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000004423 
Photo of Daniel DEDISSE

Daniel DEDISSE

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks for the KBA, i already did a set state wlan102 wlan103 down, problem is islands comes back after every reboot ..