Upgrade Latest Firmware ZoneDirector 1200

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
hi.. if I want to upgrade the latest version for ZoneDirector 1200 from 9.9.0.0 version, what the impact for the license? I have license for 7 APs in the ZoneDirector 1200 (5 APs default is free)
Photo of Raka Hartawan

Raka Hartawan

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Martin

Martin, Official Rep

• 288 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Hi Raka,
That has no impact on your license.
the model you bought is the 1205, so standard with 5 AP licenses.

regards
Martin
Photo of Raka Hartawan

Raka Hartawan

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank you martin
Photo of Jakob Peterhänsel

Jakob Peterhänsel

• 90 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
But the support contract will say if you can upgrade. If there is no valid support contract, you are stuck on the version running.
Photo of Raka Hartawan

Raka Hartawan

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have done with this issue, and this is not impact for the license. I have upgraded ver from 9.9. to 9.13 but the configuration from 9.9 is clear because it is not compatible file with ver 9.13 so I must re-configure. thanks for your information jakob
Photo of krishan parashar

krishan parashar

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Thomas I want to configure mesh network so can assist me what are the basic requirements for this and how many ap can I install in mesh ....As I know one ap is connect with wire that would play a route ap role and other wil connect wirelessly plz help me
Photo of thomas fankhauser

thomas fankhauser

• 57 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
this is not the right thread, but you set it up, enable mesh and deploy the AP's.
you have to plug each AP to the Network of the ZD, then the AP get all the informations from the ZD (Firmware, configuration). as soon the AP is configured, you can place it somewhere just powered.

krishan parashar

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
So how many ap can i connect in mesh what is root ap ? Plz explain more how network setup goes step by step plz

krishan parashar

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
So as I understood mesh help , where we don't have network feasibility so with power we can install ap ..Is there any distance limitations

krishan parashar

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thomas understood ur thread ,, there is 200 ap connect in my company and zd 3000 firmware 9.13 and mesh is not enable so if o enable it will they hemper my live network bcz I want ony included 10 ap in mesh ,,do I need take backup first. And as I studied if I disabled mesh from zd then not possible zd will set to factory default plz explain how to proceed ...That would greatful for me
Photo of thomas fankhauser

thomas fankhauser

• 57 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
follow the "upgrade path". install 9.10 after that install 9.13
if you skip the 9.10 then you loose your config.
but you could go back to 9.9, restore from backup file, and upgrade following the path.
Photo of Raka Hartawan

Raka Hartawan

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes thomas, I'm forget to follow this rule. because I'm still newbie and this is my new experience
Photo of Marco van Santen

Marco van Santen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Where can i find the upgrade path?
Photo of Martin

Martin, Official Rep

• 288 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Hi Marco,
Good question.

You can find them in the release notes of the firmware you want to install.
In there you will see from which version we support the upgrade to that version.

Kind regards
Martin
Photo of Marco van Santen

Marco van Santen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks ;)