Unleashed R710 Support UAPSD (WMM Power Save)?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
Does the unleashed R710 support unscheduled power save UAPSD/WMM Powersave? I can't seem to find a setting for that.

Thx
Photo of JP

JP

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Monnat Systems

Monnat Systems, AlphaDog

• 705 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
JP

as per datasheet - http://c541678.r78.cf2.rackcdn.com/datasheets/ds-zoneflex-r710.pdf

powersave is supported and i think R710 do supports unscheduled power save UAPSD/WMM Powersave though it does not mentions about it.

Better someone from Ruckus can confirm about it..
Photo of JP

JP

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thx - I contacted support and they gave me some "set " commands to use but apparently those were only for the ZoneFlex. Didn't get very far when I mentioned this was for the unleashed model. The same commands didn't work in the CLI of the unleashed.

Thx
Photo of Monnat Systems

Monnat Systems, AlphaDog

• 705 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
i clearly remembered working with TAC for an issue with PS on R700 years ago:

Resolved an issue with R700 APs rebooting due to target assert failure caused by a UAPSD power save issue. (ID ER-1707)
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 1893 Posts
  • 269 Reply Likes
Yes, Unleashed supports UAPSD/WMM, and by default the DTIM is 2.

You may wish to issue a CLI command from your Master AP for "Spectralink Mode" which will
adjust DTIM=2, BSS-minrate = 5.5, RTS/CTS protection mode enabled.

See KBA-5875: Unleashed Configuring DTIM on Unleashed APs.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000005875
Photo of JP

JP

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Michael - is it on by default then?  I don't see a setting in the unleashed GUI and the commands given by support appear to be for the ZoneFlex version of the R710 using a "set" command.

It doesn't appear I can access the URL provided.

Thx
Photo of John D

John D, AlphaDog

• 497 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
Spectralink Compatibility mode is off by default
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 1889 Posts
  • 269 Reply Likes
Yes, UAPSD in WMM is supported by default, and the 'Spectralink' setting will additionally perform many other VoIP device related settings.
It does take active Support contract to view Knowledge articles, but one Unleashed support for up to 25 APs.