Trying to get from 9.5.0.0 to 9.10 on ZD1100, updates appear to never start

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
I am trying to get my ZD1100 from 9.5.0.0.156 to 9.10, following the release note chain it appears I need to start with 9.5.3.0.44, however when I attempt to do this via ssh/debug/fw_update or the Web UI, the status orange LED never stops blinking.  The serial console shows a few services shutting down (IIRC out of memory), but a login is still there, its as if, its stuck on something.  It never reboots.  I tried a factor reset.  Did not make a difference.

I also get these messages non-stop on the serial console (this happened before trying to update the firmware):
mv: cannot create '/etc/airespider/license-list.bak.xml': Read-only file system
mv: cannot remove '/etc/airespider/system.bak.xml': Read-only file system mv: cannot remove '/etc/airespider/system.xml': Read-only file system 
Thanks.

P.S. Just did another factor reset so I could collect all the logs, I get this error right after boot:
[INFO  ] Just upgraded from 9.4.2.0.29
REISERFS error (device sda4): vs-4020 is_reusable: bitmap block 163840(8) can't be freed or reused
rm: cannot remove '/etc/airespider-images/rootfs_upgraded': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove '/etc/airespider-images/upgraded.fromver': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove '/etc/airespider-images/upgraded.frombld': Read-only file system 
Photo of Egan Ford

Egan Ford

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Abilash P R

Abilash P R

• 36 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Egan,

I think we should have it RMA'd, please open a ticket with Support they should be able to assist you in replacing it.

Regards,
Abilash PR.
Photo of Egan Ford

Egan Ford

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Abilash, however this ZD1100 is end of life and is not covered under support contract.  (I purchased used).  I was hoping to bring it back to life.  This is for my own personal use/testing/learning.  Is there anyway to force a recovery or reflash/reformat the flash?

Thanks again.
Photo of Abilash P R

Abilash P R

• 36 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Egan,

Please open a case with support (https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us) and should be able to workout a feasible solution. To my knowledge there isn't any force recovery method that I could suggest in this case.

If the unit is RMA'd then it would be replaced according to its warranty terms.

Regards,
Abilash PR. 
Photo of Egan Ford

Egan Ford

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Abilash PR, I was able to force 1100 into recovery mode and repair the system myself.