SZ100-D port question

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
Hi everybody,

Have a question about the SZ100-D ports, that I'm struggling to find any documentation on. In the quick start guide they are just labelled as 1-2 being management, and 3-6 being data (or 3-4 if you don't have the SFP+ ports).

So my question is, how do these ports behave if they are both connected? Are they doing some kind of failover, or aggregation?

As far as I can see in the configuration, you don't set anything by specific port, just management or data interfaces.

Thanks,
Chris.
Photo of Chris Grace

Chris Grace

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of pmonardo

pmonardo, Employee

• 33 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
For the SZ104-D, ports 1 and 2 are reserved for Management and can be bonded and ports 3 and 4 are reserved for Data and are bridged. All are 1GbE interfaces.

For the SZ124-D, ports 1 and 2 are reserved for management and can be bonded. Ports 3 and 4 are Data and 1GbE. Ports 5 and 6 are Data and are 10GbE. Ports can be bridged.

Photo of Chris Grace

Chris Grace

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you pmonardo.

Do you know if there is any documentation around this? I am really struggling to find any...

We're looking to set up a redundant system consisting of two data planes and a switch stack (amongst other things). If you see the diagram below;

What I was hoping to do is have something like the above, whereby the MGMT and Data ports of Dataplane 1 are in a LAG across the switch stack in to different physical switches, and the same for Dataplane 2. Those lines in the diagram may be a little confusing, they wouldn't be the LAGs, it would be;

Dataplane 1;
LAG 1: MGMT 1 + MGMT 2
LAG 2: Data 1 + Data 2

Dataplane 2;
LAG 3: MGMT 1 + MGMT 2
LAG 4: Data 1 + Data 2

Each LAG would be two physical ports on the separate switches.

I guess my question is, is this possible, sounds like it should be from your previous post, and what configuration do I need to do on the Dataplanes? 

Thanks,
Chris