Hi there. Please see my attached network plan (sorry this is messy). I have highlighted in pink the components that are already in place (or I already own/have ordered).
I have no experience with Zone Directors and want to know my plan raises any compatibility issues due to:
- I am intending to use this with a CISCO small business firewall router (which also provides wifi to my basement)
- I already have a bunch of Ethernet wired devices running off a CISCO small business 24 port Ethernet switch.
My existing internal APs are currently "Amped" and each have have three 50cm antennae which is the only way they can reach the outdoor wifi IP security cams. I am replacing them as they are really unreliable and sometimes disconnect WIFI clients. I intend to go with 4 internal Ruckus Zoneflex APs at first and, if I can't reach my outdoor wifi IP security cams, then I will go to my "Phase 2" plan and add external APs.
Sorry, some other basic questions:
- Would I be better to use some outdoor Ruckus APs inside my house, because the outdoor APs can take external antennae and may be able to reach my external IP cams more effectively.
- My ZD 1200 comes with 5 free licences which last a year. I understand that if my system is stable I don't need to pay to renew the licence and will just forego updates. Would this be the case if I buy a 6th licence, or would I be compelled to renew licence 6 each year?.
- Someone advised me against the X10 range and suggested I go with the 700 instead - what would you advise? Both are within budget. Is the 700 better at roaming between zones? Would there be a difference in range (important to me as my house is built of reinforced concrete which results in a huge amount of WIFI signal attenuation.
- Finally, I assume I need the regular Zoneflex R710s, not the unleashed ones.