SmartSelect channel ON/OFF for Ruckus 7363

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
During the last two days I noticed that my Ruckus 7363 (I use Ruckus as a router) has been changing channels quite often, which resulted (at least I think so) in dramatic speed decrease in both 2.4 and 5 Ghz wireless frequencies channels (from 98 Mbit via direct connection to 15-35 Mbit wireless). My PC is located within 3.5m from router. The signal is extremely strong. Indeed I have very dirty 2.4 Ghz network with at least 13-15 SSID in the building. 

Also I found out that when I turned on 5 Ghz radio the connection appeared and then disappeared shortly and the appeared again and so on... With 2.4 Ghz I didn't witness such behavior. 

I have read numerous topics regarding the necessity of turning SmartSelect channel ON or OFF.
Some people mentioned that if turned ON it'll take some time (up to 2 days for congested network) to settle things down and after that the speed will likely to stabilize/increase.

Is it true (i.e. should I turn on SmartSelect and just wait until the situation stabilize)?

Thank you all in advance.
Photo of Einar Brizzo

Einar Brizzo

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

There are no replies.