smart zone 100 redundancy connection

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered
Hi, please help me in the description of connection phisycal between two sz100 in mode clustering. As it should be the connection to the switches that are in
Redundancy vrrp.

thanks
Photo of Felipe Herrera

Felipe Herrera

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 3069 Posts
  • 442 Reply Likes
Question not clear.  You can connect one port from each SZ-100 into two different switches,
and STP will block one path to each.  SZ-100 does not run VRRP.
(Edited)
Photo of rahimi mohammad reza

rahimi mohammad reza

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi everyone,
I have a SmartZone100 and want to add another for redundant, is any way to connect two ZD together? Is it supported?
If yes whats the configuration?

Thanks
Photo of Vineet Nejawala

Vineet Nejawala, Employee

• 35 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hello Rahimi,

Yes, both v/SZ and ZD can be setup to use as redundant controller, with SZ you have two option 1)Active-active or 2) Active-Standby (Geo-redundancy) whereas with ZD only Active/Standby is supported. Kindly let us if you need redundancy setup with ZD or v/SZ.

Best Regards
Vineet

rahimi mohammad reza

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello. Sorry for mistake in the text.
I'm planning to have redundant for SZ100. Would you please help me?

Thanks alot
Photo of Vineet Nejawala

Vineet Nejawala, Employee

• 35 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hello Rahimi,

The process is very simple, kindly download the "Getting Started Guide" through below link and search with " Configure the Cluster Settings". 
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2507-smartzone-5-1-ga-getting-started-guide-sz100

FYI a SmartZone (SZ) 100 unit can only form a cluster with other SmartZone 100 units of the same model. For example, a SZ104 cannot be clustered with a SZ124 unit. 

Feel free to reach me out for any further concern or query.

Best Regards
Vineet
(Edited)

rahimi mohammad reza

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Please explain the method of physical connection of two smart zones 100 for redundancy
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 3049 Posts
  • 437 Reply Likes
Ethernet from SZ-100 to your switch, and you may have Ethernet or fiber between if you have multiple switches.

Imagine both your SZ-100s in the Figure 4 image in the Quick Setup Guide.  https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2817-smartzone-100-quick-setup-guide

rahimi mohammad reza

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for reply, but in Figure 4 only shows one SZ to a switch, although if I have two SZ and connect them to switch so what's the configuration for two ports in switch and in SZ to be redundant?

rahimi mohammad reza

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for reply, but in Figure 4 only shows one SZ to a switch, although if I have two SZ and connect them to switch so what's the configuration for two ports in switch and in SZ to be redundant?