Slow Download Speeds R710 Unleashed

• Question
  • Updated 6 days ago
  • Answered
Strange issue with R710 on latest unleashed firmware. Upload speeds consistently incredible on both laptop and phone but downloads even from 5 ft away never go over 200 but stay consistent through 3 thick walls. Speedflex on android shows 550 up 550 down to AP. Iperf reflects speedtest.net results. Cable shouldn't be the problem as I have plugged my laptop on it and gotten the gigabit fiber speeds I should be getting. I have factory reset it countless times set everything to auto and tried manually setting the bands and channel width, am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
Photo of Max P

Max P

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of rfkt

rfkt

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any updates on this? 
Photo of Taylor Wall

Taylor Wall

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Update: tried the latest unleashed firmware from earlier this year. The tenants demanded I purchase a new access point due to the latency and slow sleeds. Tested with iPerf running on my laptop and phone. Download speeds around 215mbps. Phone can get 400mbps normally with the ISP router/ap we used to have.
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 3289 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
Greetings,

DE/QA have let me know [ER-7956] that they have found some things significant,
that appear to impact many of the issues. We are finalizing some fixes for further
evaluation, are seeing much closer UL/DL speeds across all the client devices under 
test, GalaxyS10, iPhone7/8/11 against Xiaomi10, iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, Win10.

This is a preliminary update, that our attention to the issues are producing results.
Thanks to customers who've shared time to collect/share logs. The observed speeds
are much closer, and appear typically within 100-150mb apart at most. We hope to
have the improvements available in firmware maintenance releases soon.  I'll ask 
that they are included in Unleashed 200.8, and not just 200.9 and later. Thanks.

Photo of Dustin Marquess

Dustin Marquess

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
ZoneDirector and/or standalone firmware updates would be nice too, thanks :).
Photo of EightOhTwoEleven

EightOhTwoEleven

• 162 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Add vSZ/SmartZone to that list as well.
Photo of Mike Loiterman

Mike Loiterman

• 10 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Please, please make sure they understand this impacts ZoneDirector as well.
Photo of Mike Loiterman

Mike Loiterman

• 10 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Just to add another data point here, I've been dealing with this issue since February 2019.
Here are some important highlights:

It appears to only impact download speeds on iOS devices. Upload is unimpacted. I can confirm 12.1.4 was OK with firmware 10.2.0.0.189. 24 hours ago, I was running speedtest with 450Mbs downloads and now downloads are 30Mbs on the same device running the same iOS in the same location on the same AP.

The firmware that works is 10.2.0.0 build 189. Everything after that shows the problem of slow downlink.

ZD on firmware version 10.2 build 189 with 4 AP's (R710), speed in Iphone download speed:500mbps. 
After upgrade the speed is download speed:95mbps, the issue is only with download speed and on Iphones. 
The wlan is wpa2(aes). 
no rate limit configured. 
upgrade to 10.3 build 398. 
Create a new open wlan and the devices are getting good speed 500mbps, however when we change the Encryption type to wpa2(aes) the speed again drops. 
Change the Encryption type to wpa2(TKIP+AES), still the same speed.

Photo of Ventsislav Velkov

Ventsislav Velkov

• 23 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Please do not flood the topic with information that is not true and unrelated to the topic. This is topic for Unleashed firmware and I can confirm 100% it affects also a lot of Android devices!

EightOhTwoEleven

• 159 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
So don't flood with unrelated information, oh yea, here is my unrelated information. Gotcha.
Photo of Mike Loiterman

Mike Loiterman

• 10 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Flooding the topic?  I've made two posts and I've said that it "appears to only impact download speeds on iOS devices..."  That was from February 2019, as I said.

And, it is absolutely related to the topic.  It's the same AP and it impacts ZoneDirector APs in the same way that it impacts Unleashed APs.

That's an important point for BOTH ZoneDirector AND Unleashed users and for the engineers to know about so that they can hopefully solve this issue.

Why don't you let the Ruckus engineers decided what is important and relevant before trying to artificially limit what information is posted in this thread.

Photo of Michael Brado

• 3282 Posts
  • 517 Reply Likes
Easy please, we are now on track with all device types, on all UNL/ZD/SZ firmware to improve encrypted WLAN bi-directional performance.
Unleashed brought issue(s) to light, but comparisons with other device types and Solo/ZD/SZ too helped find the problem(s).
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3289 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
Unleashed brought the issue(s) to light, but the fix(es) will be applied across Solo, ZD, and SZ platforms when finalized. 

Unleashed 200.7, 200.8, 200.9 will be the first maintenance releases.
Photo of Mike Loiterman

Mike Loiterman

• 10 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Thank you for letting us know that the fix will be implemented across the product portfolio.  That's all I wanted to know.
Photo of Trip

Trip

• 4 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Michael, thank you for the reassurance that this is being actively worked on and patched in 200.7, 8 and 9. Just curious, might you have any idea on an ETA? Thank you again for your accountability and transparency.
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3289 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
The answer is 'not soon enough', possibly mid-June, which I wrote looked like we hadn't fixed our problem for months and we wanted it in Unleashed first 200.7/200.8 (other Solo/ZD/SZ fixes are included). Our Lennar Ruckus at Home customers are deployed with 200.8 (still).
Photo of Mike Loiterman

Mike Loiterman

• 10 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Michael: can you say the version number of the ZoneDirector software where the fix will appear? And will the ZD version appear at the same time as the Unleashed version?

(Edited)
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3289 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
Version build number (the last digits) are the last thing decided before Release Notes are put together.I do not have the ETA for Solo/ZD/SZ updates yet.
Photo of Xander Vlasveld

Xander Vlasveld

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is the issue described here also causing slow speed on 2.4 ghz? I'm getting very slow d/l (8mbit) and u/l (20mbit) on my 500mbit/40mbit internet connection.

Using two R310 with unleashed 200.7, only happens with 2.4 ghz and is temporarily solved by disabling/enabling wifi on phone.
After that speed is normal again, happening on S7, S8 and S10. But after some time (maybe half hour) it's down to ~8 mbit again.

On 5 ghz I'm seeing same speeds as described in this thread. Issue was not always there and started after a fw update, not sure which.
Made a case at ruckus but was told my support contract ended and was not entitled for help.

Crossing my fingers that the coming update described here will also fix the abysmal performance on 2.4 ghz.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi guys,
What is the current situation, when will the problem finally be solved? Greetings Mike

Photo of Mike Loiterman

Mike Loiterman

• 10 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Looks like ZoneDirector 10.4.0.0.98 software was released yesterday.  It contains this note in release documentation:

Resolved an issue with throughput performance in WPA/WAP2 WLANs. [ER-7956]

I'm not as familiar with the unleashed software, but I would imagine they're very closely related.  That said, I do not see an Unleashed update on the site that would correspond to this.

I have not yet updated and wondered if any one else has...

EightOhTwoEleven

• 163 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
What's a WAP2 WLAN?
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
it’s a type o ...I think it’s meant to be WPA2 WLAN
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3289 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
ZoneDirector Refreshes have been posted, and Unleashed 200.8 is based on ZD 10.3 code (10.4 will be base for Unleashed 200.9 around Nov2020).
I have received confirmation from DE manager that we will have the ER-7956 iOS device performance fix in Unleashed 200.8 update by tomorrow (Friday US).  
I'll be busy posting the AP images all day, look for your model(s).
(Edited)

Ventsislav Velkov

• 26 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
what about 200.7 fix ?
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3289 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
Yes, right behind, based on ZD 10.2.1.0.183 (MR1 Refresh5).
Photo of Sander Groen

Sander Groen

• 33 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Michael, what I'm curious about is what actually caused the issue and how it was resolved. Could you please elaborate?
Photo of Michiel Schuitemaker

Michiel Schuitemaker

• 34 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes

Hi Michael,

in typical Ruckus fashion, nothing ever happened.  No fix, just promises. I spoke to 2 engineers and they tried to trouble shoot the issue. After about 2 hours, I got so fed up with them that I refused to waste any more time. I am appalled that they don’t replicate this issue in their own lab but instead have customers troubleshoot for months on end. To be honest, we’ve had very bad luck with Ruckus and will not install it at any customers site any more. Nothing but complaints. Especially with MAC and SONOS products. Stay away!!!  

Photo of Michael Brado

• 3289 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
Hello Michiel,

What platform (Unleashed, ZD, SZ, Solo) are you testing, with which model APs
and WLAN settings?  We just released ZD updates with iOS performance improvement
(aka ER-7956) that will appear in Unleashed (200.8 tomorrow, 200.7 soon). 

There are acknowledged/published issues with MacOS, with a version recommendation
in a recent KBA-10544 if having MAC specific issues.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000010544  

I see two knowledge base articles related to Sonos settings and directed multicast feature.https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000006140 https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000004138

Michiel Schuitemaker

• 34 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hello Michael;
We're using unleashed Current firmware version:  200.8.10.3.243 on AP 710 and 720.  Both APs have the same issue.  We compared it side by side to a system with ZD1200 and 2 APs.  Dramatic speed difference.  I'm looking forward to the update but to be honest, this has been going on for a very very long time and so far Ruckus has completely dropped the ball on this.  I suspect also lost a ton of customers and goodwill...
I tried your link but the 1st one doesn't work.  Please verify and resend?

Thank you.
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3289 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
An Unleashed 200.8.10.3.xxx is expected tomorrow with iOS performance improvements.

The crux of the first article about known MacOS issues is to please use: 
It is recommended that Macbook users use 10.15.4 who wish to use Catalina OS.
Photo of John D

John D, AlphaDog

• 579 Posts
  • 179 Reply Likes
Thank you Michael for your hard work (and the whole team's hard work) on this issue! Looking forward to trying it on Unleashed.

Just curious, which APs did you end up finding that it affected? Does it affect R730/R750 11ax APs too or just Wave1/Wave2 or specific PoE+ APs?
Photo of Kevin Karch

Kevin Karch

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thank you Michael, We look forward to R610 and iOS performance once this has been released. I will report back results.
Photo of Taylor Wall

Taylor Wall

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
iOS improvements... Strange way of putting it, does that mean the WPA2 issues are resolved, or is this literally optimizing for mobile Apple devices? Sorry for those who notice with iPhones, I notice with everything that the download speeds are much slower than upload.
Photo of basteagow

basteagow

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Exactly; it's annoying that this problem keeps being referred to as being Apple-exclusive. All my clients (laptops and phones; none of them Apple) are affected by this on 200.7 and 200.8, and as soon as I downgrade to 200.6 throughput doubles.
Photo of Trip

Trip

• 4 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I have to pile on here as well. This issue has clearly been demonstrated to effect more client types than just iOS/iPhone. As one example, I'm seeing the same speed limitations on my own Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (Android 8, all updates), when connected to a WPA2 network running on the R510, 710 and 720 (Unleashed 200.8.10.3.243). No such speed issues with the 510 and 710 on 200.5.
(Edited)
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3282 Posts
  • 517 Reply Likes
Yes, all WPA2 encrypted WLANs got affected by a "fix" we made around a Security Bulletin at Christmas.
All platforms will be updated soon with the "revert performance but closed security hole" maintenance releases.

I haven't seen the release notes yet, so this is not "official" until later today, but here is a link to the first image,
an MD5 checksum'd 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) R710, the AP first reported on this thread:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2504-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-softw...
Get it now, as I have to "hide/unpublish" until I have all images uploaded and approved RNs, thanks.
(Edited)
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3282 Posts
  • 517 Reply Likes
This preliminary link (has old Release Notes) is for Ruckus at Home (Lennar) R510 model APs:
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2516-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-softw...

I'm staging 20 AP images and SNMP MIBs, still waiting for finalized 200.8 GA Refresh Release Notes.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
So far so good for the R710s, Performance seems as good as 200.6.10.1.312. When testing with iperf3
(Edited)

Michiel Schuitemaker

• 33 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Michiel Schuitemaker

• 33 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
It is better but downloads are still a long way behind upload speeds.

Getting soooooo tired of this.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Don’t use speedflex on the AP you are testing....test it on a separate AP that you are not connected to...
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I did the mistake initially of testing with speedflex on the same ap as I was connected to......very different results on the r710/r610/r510/r500. I can’t say for the r720.
Photo of Seth Johnson

Seth Johnson

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Michiel - my results are similar to yours on the Speedflex app on iOS, but I am getting over 500Mb upload and download on the Ookla Speedtest iOS app on my 1Gb fibre connection.  Before the firmware update, Speedtest was consistent with Speedflex (rarely over 100Mb download). Would be curious if your external test or real-world speeds have improved more than Speedflex suggests.

Michiel Schuitemaker

• 33 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Here are the results testing on the AP I'm NOT connected to;
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Also speedflex is not reliable....best to use iperf3....

so far on r710 it seems fine ...

Michiel which Ruckus AP are you testing on? R710? Or R720?
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I get over 500mbps now on iperf3 on r710

Michiel Schuitemaker

• 33 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I'm testing it on a 710 and a 720...
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Have you tried to take the r720 offline and just test the r710?

Michiel Schuitemaker

• 33 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
No, I have not.
I appreciate the suggestion but to be honest, I'm tired of troubleshooting for what the engineers at Ruckus seem too lazy to troubleshoot themselves.  I'm actually surprised they have any customers left by now!
Photo of Dustin Marquess

Dustin Marquess

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Michiel,

This issue really does seem fixed.  Try doing a Speedtest.net test instead of using Speedflex.  The difference between the older FW and the new one that Michael just posted is night and day.

Nobody is asking you to troubleshoot.
Photo of Jun L.

Jun L.

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Check on the APs and see if it is giving a warning sign that there is insufficient power. Edit the AP settings under the "Other" tab, enable "Override Group Config" and set it to 802.3at PoE instead of auto. My speed matches that of 200.6 firmware and very slightly faster.
Photo of Sam Morduke

Sam Morduke

• 16 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Michael, can you please give a link to the R610 as well. I would like to test asap. 
Photo of Xander Vlasveld

Xander Vlasveld

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Don't want to hijack the thread but will the R310 also receive this fix? And if yes, when?
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3289 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
Photo of Xander Vlasveld

Xander Vlasveld

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Michael, if I read correctly no more updates for the R310?
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3289 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
APs no longer supported in UNL 200.8+ include R310, R500, R600, T300, T300e, T301n, T301s.

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8 (GA Refresh) Release Notes:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3265-ruckus-unleashed-200-8-ga-refresh-release-notes

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for C110:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2523-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-c110

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software forE510:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2522-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-e510

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for H320:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2521-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-h320

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for H510:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2520-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-h510

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for M510:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2519-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-m510

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software forM510-JP:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2518-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-m510-jp

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for R320:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2517-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-r320

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for R510:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2516-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-r510

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for R610:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2511-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-r610

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for R710:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2504-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-r710

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for R720:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2510-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-r720

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for T310c:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2515-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-t310c

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for T310d:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2514-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-t310d

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for T310n:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2513-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-t310n

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for T310s:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2512-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-t310s

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for T610:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2509-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-t610

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for T710:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2507-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-t710

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) Software for T710s:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2506-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-software-for-t710s

Ruckus Unleashed 200.8.10.3.278 (GA Refresh) SNMP MIBs(.zip):

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2505-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-8-10-3-278-ga-refresh-snmp-mibs
(Edited)
Photo of Dustin Marquess

Dustin Marquess

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thank you so very much, Michael.  I know this took a lot of effort to push it through engineering, QA, etc, and now you having to actually publish them now.

It's very much appreciated!
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I seem to be having some issues with the firmware. I'm getting an error after upgrading my R610 that the firmware for the R510 does not match when trying to upgrade it separately. It failed when I tried to upgrade both at the same time, so I upgraded the R610 first and then tried to upgrade the R510 that is meshed. Also, the firmware upload is extremely slow.

Edited: I got it working now, just need to reset the ap and reupload the firmware.
(Edited)
Photo of Stefan Mehre

Stefan Mehre

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So this firmware seems to have solved the issue for me on iPad OS. Download and
Upload are pretty close.
But on my Samsung S10 download is still much less than upload. But if I am right, the
fix for all devices will be released with 200.9.xxx. Or am I wrong?

Ventsislav Velkov

• 23 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
you are wrong. This firmware should fix all download issues... 200.9 will be new firmware probably with new features and supporting newer future released devices. I am waiting to see how will be the 200.7 fix firmware when released, hopefully next week.
Photo of Stefan Mehre

Stefan Mehre

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Really, but Michael wrote:
“ I have received confirmation from DE manager that we will have the ER-7956 iOS device performance fix in Unleashed 200.8 update by tomorrow (Friday US). “

So sounds for me only iOS and iPadOS fix and that‘s what I am seeing with iPerf3
from iPad and Samsung S10 to iPerf Server on my Router.

Ventsislav Velkov

• 23 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
if they fixed this only for ios and not for other devices and platforms... this is really pity... having in mind it took them more than 1 year to identify and fix the issue "partially"???
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3273 Posts
  • 515 Reply Likes
No, the fix applies to all platforms AP Standalone, Unleashed, ZoneDirector (posted 6 refreshes this week), and SmartZone.  It was an issue with WPA2 encryption based WLANs, introduced by a Security Bulletin required change around Christmas.  We will "repair" the throughput issue (for all devices) as we update next maintenance releases.
Photo of Taylor Wall

Taylor Wall

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
^Are those maintenance releases the new 200.7 and 200.8 unleashed firmware versions released in the last few days? If not, is there an ETA for all devices?
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Samsung Note 9 on an R610 with the very latest firmware. It seems to be working well now.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
hi Guys

The problem is not better :-(

Ipad Air2 5Ghz Wifi with WPA2.
UNLEASHED firmware 200.8.10.3.243

Photo of hayk

hayk

• 382 Posts
  • 58 Reply Likes
Mike, you used the wrong firmware..... please use

Also try using speedflex on a different AP that you are not connected to... as speedflex is not reliable. Either use speedtest.net if you have the bandwidth or iperf3.
Photo of Michael Brado

• 3289 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
Hello, please watch the Support portal for the Unleashed 200.7 refresh build with same fixes on Monday, thanks!

(for those of you with R310, R500, R600, T300, T300e, T301n, T301s model APs not supported in 200.8+)
(Edited)
Photo of Rajesh Honnawarkar

Rajesh Honnawarkar

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, if I want a mesh with R600, R510 and R710 unleashed versions, please remind me if they can run mix of 200.8 and 200.7 firmware versions, or do all have to run the lowest common version? Thanks

Ventsislav Velkov

• 26 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
AFAIK, they have to run the lowest common version, in this case I think it is 200.7
Photo of Rajesh Honnawarkar

Rajesh Honnawarkar

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
TY. yes, I found another post in this forum.
Photo of arrowcircle

arrowcircle

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the update. I tried to run speedflex (to AP I am not connected to), iperf3 to wired server and speedtest. Here is the results with iphone x as a client.

1. Speedflex to second AP: download 128mbit/s, upload: 274mbit/s
2. Speedflex to connected AP: download 117mbit/s, upload: 278mbit/s
3. iperf3 to local server wired to AP 5 streams: download: 134mbit/s, upload: 144 mbit/s
4. Speedtest: download: 134mbit/s, upload: 133 mbit/s

Before new firmware download speeds were ~80mbit/s

It looks like good results, but with anomaly in upload speed with speedflex. Is it?

Also, I found one strange thing. If i run dslreports test, it shows "C" for buffer bloat. If I run it with another cheap AP, I get A+ result. What type of configuration should I check on Ruckus AP to fix it?
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Arrowcircle,

which ruckus AP model do you have?
Photo of Taylor Wall

Taylor Wall

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
This data seems to indicate the issue is not fixed. Your download speed should be the same as your upload speed, not cut in half.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
It’s very possible that there’s a 2nd bug that impacts performance especially on the r720. As we know the r720 still had dramatic issues even on unleashed 200.6.10.1.312 unlike the r510, r610, and r710. Unfortunately, I can not test the r720 since I don’t own one. Which is why I want to ask what AP does Arrowcircle have? At this point, I want to find out if only the r720 is still affected or certain RF scenarios is still impacting some people on various APs. Again, not everyone is impacted by the bug and somehow it’s been hard for Ruckus to reproduce from the beginning.
(Edited)
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
  • At this point I believe there is more than one bug that impacts performance and still I believe the best performance was unleashed firmware 200.4.x which makes me believe there is a bug that was introduced in 200.5.x  and then possibly another bug that was introduced in 200.7.x firmware .  As far as I can tell the performance of the r710 is back at 200.6.10.1.312  firmware.  I do want to find out when was ER-7956 bug was first introduced if it lines up with my educated guess from the regression testing I have done in the past.
(Edited)
Photo of Ryan Hayes

Ryan Hayes

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have R510's on 200.8 and the update is not available.
Photo of arrowcircle

arrowcircle

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@hayk I have r510 and h510.

@Taylor Walls speedflex can be inaccurate. Iperf and speedtest shows similar upload and download speeds. But bufferbloat is horrible.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
@Ryan Hayes - it seems 200.8.10.3.279 has not been pushed to their online update servers if you don’t see it if you are the early 200.8.x ... you need to manually download it and update it locally via file.

@arrowcircle- bufferbloat issues? Are you using one of your ruckus APs as a gateway? Just checking.
(Edited)
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 387 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I have not tested yet on get my r510 and r610...just been seeing how the r710 has been doing...which so far so good can get 500mbps on iPad Pro 2018

On my Windows 10 laptop with intel 7265 card I can get average about 450mbps..

unfortunately, I have no Mac OS laptop that has a ac WiFi card ..... 
(Edited)
Photo of arrowcircle

arrowcircle

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@hayk no, they are connected with wires to x86 openwrt gateway.
Photo of arrowcircle

arrowcircle

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@hayk no, they are connected with wires to x86 openwrt gateway.
Photo of Ryan Hayes

Ryan Hayes

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. I was trying via the app and it was not showing. Online via a browser worked.
Photo of basteagow

basteagow

• 9 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
The WPA bug is definitely fixed in versions 200.8.10.3.278 and 200.7.10.202.118. Downstream and upstream throughputs are now even, and they're comparable to those of Unleashed 200.6 and Solo 11x firmwares.
Photo of Taylor Wall

Taylor Wall

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Is this true on non-iOS devices?
Photo of basteagow

basteagow

• 9 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Yes, I tested with iperf3 -P 4 on Android and Windows clients.
[SUM]   0.00-30.01  sec  1.94 GBytes   556 Mbits/sec   sender
[SUM]   0.00-30.01  sec  1.86 GBytes   532 Mbits/sec receiver
Photo of arrowcircle

arrowcircle

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
so any ideas how to fix bufferbloat with ruckus unleashed access points?

EightOhTwoEleven

• 164 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
What's the ETA on vSZ (5.2+) AP patch speed fix? Unleashed has had it for weeks now.