Strange issue with R710 on latest unleashed firmware. Upload speeds consistently incredible on both laptop and phone but downloads even from 5 ft away never go over 200 but stay consistent through 3 thick walls. Speedflex on android shows 550 up 550 down to AP. Iperf reflects speedtest.net results. Cable shouldn't be the problem as I have plugged my laptop on it and gotten the gigabit fiber speeds I should be getting. I have factory reset it countless times set everything to auto and tried manually setting the bands and channel width, am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
The strange thing for me is that on tcp mode(in Speedflex) , I get 100 ish down and 850 up, on an s10 with only 2x2 mimo which is what all other speedtests show udp and tcp, but in the same spot on udp mode I get 500 down and 500 up which never gets reflected in any other tests.
i down graded the AP firmware and it helped a bit, i just switched the Spectrum modem to an arris sb6190 modem and went from 80mbps consistent speeds to 380mbps consistent speeds. I was told that Spectrum either didn't configure their modems for higher speeds, but most likely they were throttling my speed through their modem .
Just checking to see if there is anyone with Apple devices not affected by this? I just installed an H510 on 200.6 firmware and have two r710s arriving next week. I was going to upgrade them all to 200.7 before I found this post. I would be fine keeping them all on 200.6 except that I found you cannot assign vlans to the h510 ports without 200.7.
Ok, more troubleshooting..... I know that 200.6.x firmware isn’t great since max speed on my iPad Pro I can get is about 300mbps... so I decided to flash one of my r710 to standalone firmware which is dated around the same time as 200.6.x... while having everything set the same channels and 80hz ... I was getting pretty bad downloads..about 150mbps.....so I decided to downgrade to 104.x. Firmware.....and dam it’s night and day I can get 500mbps on downloads ..... so some driver changed from 104.x standard alone firmware to 110.x. Which I believe is the bug that is impacting unleashed..... something odd... I believe this issue has been around for while, but made worse at 200.7.x firmware.
I'm going to need figure out when the speed issues actually started... in which version of unleashed.......it might be between the years 2016-2018.... I don't think larger deployments will care if a single user can not get the max speed per access point so it hasn't been really reported. ... At least I nailed it between standalone firmware 104.x and 110.x firmware.