Just downloaded the Unleashed firmware to one of my AP's to test it out and get a feel for things, however, i like the AP's to broadcast a separate 2.4 & 5 network with different BSID and passwords.
Could someone point me in the right direction on how to do this as i cannot find any way of separating them out like it could be done on the standalone software.
Editing an AP's configuration settingsIn general, the settings available on the individual AP's Edit screens are the same as those for global AP settings (see Configuring Global AP Settings). Configuring these settings for an individual AP overrides the global AP settings. However, some settings are only configurable on a per-AP basis, as follows:
- General: Configure the AP's Device Name, Description, Location and GPS Coordinates.
- Radio B/G/N (2.4G): Enable/disable WLAN service for this radio.
- Radio A/N/AC (5G): Enable/disable WLAN service for this radio.
- Network: Configure a manual (static) IP address, or allow the AP to obtain an IP address using DHCP.
- Other: Choose an AP to serve as the Bonjour Gateway AP (See Bonjour Gateway), or enable/disable the AP's Status LEDs.
I found the same, only enable/disable the 2.4G or 5G radio entirely, you do not have an option to advertise/service an SSID only on one band or the other.
When I asked, Product Marketing said they did not expect to get this request from the SMB market segment. Can you please share your reason(s) for why you would wish to only advertise an SSID on one band or the other, and I'll be happy to take your answer to them?