Ruckus 7150 ICX Switch (Lennar) expansion???

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I am out of space on my Ruckus ICX 7150 that Lennar installed.  What would I use to expand the number of ports on the switch?  We pre-wired for a lot of ethernet stations and now that we have 4 people working / schooling from home, plus have all of our TVs wired in, we are out of space.  No clue what to buy to give us 6 or so more ports...

Photo of Kristy Attaway

Kristy Attaway

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Matt Klouda

Matt Klouda, Official Rep

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Kristy - 

The ICX in question supports stacking! That means, you can purchase another exact model, and stack them together. It will still work/act as one single device in terms of management, just giving you additional port density.

If you'd like to see a live demo of this, stop by the live stream tomorrow. We will be focusing solely on the ICX installed in homes.
Live Streams can be found here:
Morning Session (11AM MST): https://youtu.be/UFUjqepXO7A
Evening Session (7:30PM MST): https://youtu.be/TNVuHk8e-zM

Stop by, and let me know you're there via chat and I'll show you exactly how to do it.

Thanks!
Photo of leofan1126

leofan1126

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, im having this issue now because of power outage lastnight. All my APs are working properly but my icx switch says not connect. Im connected to my ruckus network but some apps wont open and slow downloads. See pics and advise. Thanks.
(Edited)
Photo of Tony Heung

Tony Heung, Official Rep

• 49 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Try the refresh icon (circle with two arrows) in the switch page. If no luck, go to the settings (top right corner) in the app, then Troubleshoot, Ping. Enter your switch ip 10.0.0.77 there and tap ping. Share the result here.
Photo of leofan1126

leofan1126

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Refresh didnt do anything. See ping result pics.
Photo of Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer, Official Rep

• 473 Posts
  • 155 Reply Likes
Hi Leo,

I would suggest starting a separate thread for a different query because it is not related to the original question asked on this thread.

This will help all the forum users to find right answers for their queries.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer
Photo of NETWizz

NETWizz

• 214 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
It will be cake.  You will also want some stacking cables.  That said, if it were me, I would suggest just buying an ICX 7150-24P because it is barely any more money than than the C12-PD unit you currently have once you add the stacking cables.

Another great option is the 48p unit if you never want to run out of space.
Photo of Matt Klouda

Matt Klouda, Official Rep

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Great point, and another great option.