R700 unleashed

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Can somebody help me understand why the R700 is not supported by unleashed? It seems now to be the one mainstream indoor AP not supported. It's really frustrating it is not supported I am sure I am not the only one feeling this way.
Photo of ian.ley

ian.ley

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 1968 Posts
  • 275 Reply Likes
I've asked DevEng and Product Mktg why I can't get an Unleashed version for all my Solo 7982 APs at home too?

Problem is not enough memory size on these early release model APs...  They barely fit the code on R310, which
can't do mesh or more than 8 SSIDs.
(Edited)
Photo of Nat Chidambaram

Nat Chidambaram

• 44 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Since R710 - a WAVE 2 AP is already supported in Unleashed portfolio R700 is not supported (which is WAVE 1). 
Photo of ian.ley

ian.ley

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
why is r600 supported which is wave 1?
Photo of Nat Chidambaram

Nat Chidambaram

• 44 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Unleashed was launched back in October 2015. At the time of launch only WAVE-1 APs were available and given R500 and R600 were the most popular and high volume APs in controller portfolio and the fact that Unleashed target customers are cost sensitive we decided to launch Unleashed with those two mid-range APs. Three months later we added outdoor model T300 and entry level R310. 

By that time our R710 was ready and hence, instead of R700 (being WAVE-1) we added R710 (WAVE-2) to Unleashed portfolio. 

I hope that clarifies it better!

Regards
Nat
Photo of ian.ley

ian.ley

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am cost sensitive, I am householder and wanted a quality AP - so put down $800 bucks I want to add a second for my third floor, but I cant justify a ZD and frankly its overkill. Your answer is flawed; you now support the high end R710 (unleashed target customer? not according to your answer above!).

So folks like me now have to either dump their R700 and by two new R710 to get unleashed mesh capability? This is terrible customer support, frankly I would never recommend RUCKUS to anybody except enterprise users. Thanks for leaving me with a $800 brick.!!!!
Photo of Carsten Buchenau

Carsten Buchenau

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Have you considered Ruckus Cloud for management?

You can verify here if your R700 is supported (serial number check):
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000006310