R700 reset

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
How to factory reset R700?

I put it in Bridge mode to test so now I can't use the Web interface, so I want to factory reset.

I tried holding in the Reset button for 30 seconds, that doesn't change anything.

I tried the 30/30/30 with the reset button held, that doesn't work either.

It always boots up with the configured settings, not the factory defaults.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.
Photo of Kevin Lovegrove

Kevin Lovegrove

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Paul Van der Cruyssen

Paul Van der Cruyssen

• 55 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
try the CLI to do a factory reset
Photo of Kevin Lovegrove

Kevin Lovegrove

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I wouldn't know where to start....

Paul Van der Cruyssen

• 55 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
What is the command for performing the factory reset of an standalone AP?

QuestionWhat is the command for performing the factory reset of an standalone AP? ResolutionThe following command executed at Command line interface will reset the Access point to its factory default settings.

Please SSH login to the Access point and execute the below command:-

rkscli:set factory
Factory defaults will take effect after reboot
OK
Photo of Kevin Lovegrove

Kevin Lovegrove

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I think I changed the Admin password and I can't remember it.

Is there another option for Hard Reset? Or what is the procedure to use the Island-xxxx SSID?

I can't see the Knowledgebase because even though I only purchased this recently, apparently it was shipped to a third party and there is no support.

Your help is very much appreciated sir!

Paul Van der Cruyssen

• 55 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
if you see Island-xxxx SSID then the AP is already booted in default settings, then you should have access on 192.168.0.1  with a direct connection between AP and PC, if there is DHCP on the network and the AP is connected to the network, then check DHCP to find the ipaddress of the AP
Photo of Kevin Lovegrove

Kevin Lovegrove

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
From what I read the island-xxxx appears when the AP has no internet (or other network) connection. In my case, the AP has a static IP and gateway on my corporate network .

The two SSID's I created are still there, so it is not yet Hard Reset.

Whoever thought resetting an AP would be so complicated?!

Paul Van der Cruyssen

• 55 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
can you disconnect the AP from the network and connect the AP direct to a PC, then check if you can ping the AP on the static address or on the default address (192.168.0.1), just to be sure which address the AP has

Paul Van der Cruyssen

• 55 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I was wrong on the island thing, did forget you work with a standalone AP (https://samepage.io/app/#!/4de82f7f008f3cb343977023611036ed552a71ca/page-274554485169242591-showing-...)
Photo of Kevin Lovegrove

Kevin Lovegrove

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unfortunately I still have the same problem. I don't know the Ruckus login credentials and I can't find a way to hard reset it.

I'm close in that if I connect via ethernet, I'm on the 192.168.0.x subnet and I can see the login page.

Paul Van der Cruyssen

• 55 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
user: super
password: sp-admin
Photo of Kevin Lovegrove

Kevin Lovegrove

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Doesn't work, either through the Web GUI or SSH.

That's why I'm trying to hard reset.

Paul Van der Cruyssen

• 55 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I'm out of advise, never had problems with the reset button, always works, so cannot help you further, and the problem is that you got no support(contract) from Ruckus..... (in which country do you live?)
Photo of Monnat Systems

Monnat Systems, AlphaDog

• 923 Posts
  • 199 Reply Likes
if it is on desk... and when you perform hard reset for 10-12 sec when it is powered... on the count from 1-10... once you release, as a confirmation of hard reset... all the LED both in the front and back should flash for once and again... AP will boot back to default state...do it when AP is NOT connected to any live network, AP by default is a DHCP client...if it still does not work then try as paul suggested...may be request for RMA etc...is this AP you bought from authorised reseller etc?
Photo of Kevin Lovegrove

Kevin Lovegrove

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK, thanks to the nice folk at IOSouth, the answer should anyone require it:

- Press the pinhole reset and hold down for 30 seconds.

- Wait 2-3 minutes for the R700 to recycle.

You will see the island-nnnnnn SSID appear, and you can then connect to the router and login with the default credentials (u=super p=sp-admin).

If both the R700 and your computer are connected to the same router, you can just find its IP address and enter that into your web browser.

If you connect to the R700 directly you must set a static IP on your computer of 192.168.0.x, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and gateway of 192.168.0.1

Then access 192.168.0.1 via the web browser.

Thanks for everyone who tried to help, and let's hope this answer assists someone else in the same quandary!

Cheers,
Kevin