R510s stuck offline

• Question
  • Updated 3 days ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
After power cut we have 2 out of 7 unleashed r510 APs that are showing as offline. I have a solid red light. How should I get them back online? Thanks
Photo of Steve Greenfield

Steve Greenfield

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 2922 Posts
  • 406 Reply Likes
Reboot...?  Make sure they have network connection.
(Edited)

Steve Greenfield

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Michael. What is the best way to reboot? The only option available to me in the web interface is ‘remove’. If I select this can I reboot from there?
Photo of Michael Brado

• 2922 Posts
  • 406 Reply Likes
Oh, I meant a physical power cycle, not necessarily a factory reset (which is done with a paperclip thru a little hole by the Eth ports).
The APs should look on the local LAN for other Unleashed APs already running a network, and if they had been Mesh APs, when they don't find one on the Eth, they then look over the air.

Steve Greenfield

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Michael. Yes I am sure they have network connection. The only option for theses WAPs in the web interface is ‘remove’. I am hoping that if I select this then I will be able to add the WAP again? Just trying to get some reassurance that this is the best way to do this?
Photo of Michael Brado

• 2917 Posts
  • 406 Reply Likes
Try power cycle please.

Steve Greenfield

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
OK and thanks but but do you mean remove power by simply unplugging RJ45 plugs??

All APs are POE. As I said the other 5 out of the 7 are working fine, just the two that haven’t come on line after the power loss, so we do still have a network. Just as well as we rely on all this in school because we use lots of chromebooks. I am happy to try anything but as I am new to this stuff I don’t want to mess up! Your help'is appreciated!

Steve Greenfield

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The switch they get POE from went off when power was lost but came back up OK and everything else is working OK from that switch. I am on holiday at the moment but can try some of your suggestions when I am back in next week. Thanks.

Steve Greenfield

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Michael - the power cycle worked. I just removed the POE plug and then replaced it and the APs came back online. Thanks very much for your advice.
Photo of Michael Brado

• 2917 Posts
  • 406 Reply Likes
Glad to hear it!