r500 unleashed reboot loop Rebuilding the Unleashed Network. It may take a few minutes

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago

I have 4 x r500 in an unleashed network which are working wonderfully

I have since tried to add an additional 4 but none will join. They simple state

"Rebuilding the Unleashed Network. It may take a few minutes. WARNING - Do not power off or reboot the AP. - Do not refresh your browser or hit the browser's back button."

I note the mac addresses on the original units start with f0:3e. I note the mac address for these new units start with  0c:f4. This may mean nothing but find it strange the vendor ID's are different

I factory defaulted the new units but still the same problem, it’s a layer 2 network and I have attached these to different/same switches. Again, the old ones worked fine when growing the network.

I have upgraded the new unit to 200.3.9.13.228 manually but the same issue occurs,

I then tried upgrading my current working 4 AP’s starting with the master to from 200.1.9.12.55 to 200.3.9.13.228, now its in the same reboot loop.

Photo of Beau Murray

Beau Murray

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 1991 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
If you have 4 working APs in Unleashed, yes, factory defaulting other/new APs *should* be automatically recognized, upgraded if necessary, configured and put into service.

If you connect a PC/laptop to one of the switchports you're attaching a new AP to, does it get DHCP IP with correct def-gw ok?
Can it ping your Unleashed mgt IP? 

Do you see the new AP mac addresses appear under your Unleashed AP's page (ie Disconnected, appear at all)?
Photo of Beau Murray

Beau Murray

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Michael, I got them working by taking them off the LAN, resetting to factory then downgrading the firmware to the same version as the existing ones.