PSK vs Guest managed passwords

• Question
  • Updated 5 days ago
We are currently running a cloud configuration with 2 root and 6 mesh access points... In the beginning we used a PSK password on the network and no problems were encountered. Since then we have moved to a portal quest managed passwords and have received many complaints of clients unable to sign on for multiple reasons. Has anyone else encountered this?
Photo of Donald Begarowicz

Donald Begarowicz

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 days ago

Photo of Phal

Phal, Employee

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Donald,
Thank you for getting back to us. Please open a support ticket so we can get to investigate this more! I am assuming your mesh APs are multi-hop away? Let's discuss this over a support ticket thread (click on top right menu '?' and open a support case). Look forward to resolving your issue.
Thanks
Phal

Donald Begarowicz

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
? not working .... how do i open a support ticket thread?
Still having problems...
Photo of Lou Kalis

Lou Kalis

• 17 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Log into your portal and click on the "?" in the upper right and choose "Open a Case".

(Edited)
Photo of Lou Kalis

Lou Kalis

• 17 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Phal, sounds like what we reported before ditching the guest portal. I'm willing to setup again to test if that helps? Lou

Donald Begarowicz

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
what happened with your guest portal?
Photo of Lou Kalis

Lou Kalis

• 17 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
We also were receiving lots of reports of various devices receiving generic errors when attempting to authenticate (wired, not Mesh). The error given was usually “Internal error”. This would happen when a guest would accept the AUP without a password. Rebooting the APs would fix it. It was happening so much, I had to disable the guest portal. I’d prefer to use an AUP without password though. It’s for library patrons.
Photo of Phal

Phal, Employee

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Lou - absolutely - want to troubleshoot. I have opened a separate email with you!

thanks
Phal