Problem with Ruckus300

• Question
  • Updated 4 days ago
  • Acknowledged
I have 2 Ruckus300, my internet connection is about 200MB, but each Rucku is giving less than 2MB? How can I know if this is a configuration problem?
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of joseph nguyen

joseph nguyen

• 28 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What version of Firmware are you using on those? 
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 252 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Joseph,

totally different issue than unleashed and setup seems has no controller and It’s a 802.11n WiFi ....
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Software Version: 104.0.0.0.1347

Photo of joseph nguyen

joseph nguyen

• 28 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
oh, I guess they dont use the same firmware as R510 unleashed
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Somebody can help me?
Photo of Andrew Giancola

Andrew Giancola

• 143 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Good Evening Adrian. There are a ton of variables when testing the speed and performance of an Access point.
is this AP mounted, if so how high? Also, is 2mb/s your up AND down speed? What client are you using to test the AP with?
Photo of Andrew Giancola

Andrew Giancola

• 143 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
in the SoloAP firmware, it's possible to log in and see how a client is connected, are your clients connected at 5ghz or 2.4ghz?
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ahh ok, I was using 2.4ghz connection
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, I have 2 APs, installed at 3mts high, 2MB up and les tan 1MB down, Using my user and other laptops and cell phones
Photo of Sanjay Kumar

Sanjay Kumar, Employee

• 93 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hi Adrian,

Check the below client statistics:
1. Under Status >> Check the below details :
RSSI, Band (2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz), Channel bandwidth (40 Mhz and 80 Mhz).

2. Make sure that the client is connected to the 5G with a good RSSI.

3. Open the wireless statistics on the client and check the speed it is negotiating to.

4. Do a speed flex test. This will tell you the speed between the AP and the client.
You can download the app from Playstore\Appstore.

Photo of Sanjay Kumar

Sanjay Kumar, Employee

• 93 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
If you still have issues, please contact support and report the issue.
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Sanjay, I realized there were only 2.4GHz Wireless, I configured 5GHz and with this connection I'm connecting with almost 100M, but with 2.4GHz Network the connection is still under 2M, is this normal?
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 281 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Adrian Camacho, 

is this at a residents? Or office building? If at a residence, are you in an apartment, condo where there are a lot of other WiFi networks around you?  Also since you mentioned you have two r300 did you put it on smart channel changing? I recommend you stick to 1, 6, or 11 for channels for 2.4ghz since you have no controller and make sure those two r300 are on different channels and they don’t overlap each other. It’s possible if you left it at auto everything that each r300 is interfering with each other depending how spaced they are apart. 
What channels are your 5ghz set to?
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Hayk I'm doing it right now. For 2.4 and 5G I had SmartSelect, I'm changing all of them right now
(Edited)
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did what you suggested me, but results are the same, speed is less tan 1M and broken
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
As a comment, in each AP I generated 4 SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 4 for 5GHz, do you think this could be the problem?
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 281 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Again what kind of environment are you in? It could be WiFi congestion on 2.4ghz
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 281 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
As a test try disabling 3 of the ssid on 2.4ghz and then 3 on 5ghz ... I know with too many ssid it can impact performance. Plus you have the lower end r300
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK, I Will try to do it, but, after I made the changes, somehow the 2 APs are unreachable, I see the networks but I cannot ping them or connect to them
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 281 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Any luck?
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, sorry for the delay, I was really busy with another problem. Today I erased all SSIDs and generated a new ones. I put different channel in each and just generated only 1 on 2.4GHz, but the results were exactly the same, network connection is less than 1M
Photo of Andrew Giancola

Andrew Giancola

• 143 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Are you in Southern California by chance?
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sadly no, I'm in Guadalajara, Mex, why?
Photo of Andrew Giancola

Andrew Giancola

• 143 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Bummer, if you were closer, I'd offer to stop by on my way to work. Your problem is pretty intriguing.
Photo of Andrew Giancola

Andrew Giancola

• 143 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
ok, have you tested speed between two client devices attached to the same AP and the same Radio (i.e 5ghz)?
I use IPERF3 do to this task.
using one in Server mode, and the other in Client mode may show you where your issue is.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 281 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
I know it's very odd.. for it to be less than 2mbit for 2.4ghz..... I'm guessing you got the R300 used... .. as a comparison... do you have any other wifi access points other brands to test the 2.4ghz.....  just to see if your area is that congested. If not you could have a bad R300 on the 2.4ghz... it just seems as if the antenna's on the 2.4ghz aren't really working.
Photo of Adrian Camacho

Adrian Camacho

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Hayk, yes, I had another AP from TPLink and it Works without a problem. Looks like the problem is with my 2.4 antenna the problem. I configured the 5GHz antenna without a problem and both APs are working perfectly for 5GHz, not for 2.4GHz