New to ZF7372

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Hi, I just using ZF7372 for my Home and currently I'm using firmware 104.0.0.0.1347 (just upgraded)
I have several questions:

1. Firmware: What are the difference ZoneFlex Solo Access Point and Standalone AP Software?
I'm using this AP is just standalone. So I'm curious on "Solo" and "Standalone" word :)

2. My date can not sync to NTP (default: ntp.ruckuswireless.com)

3. Ethernet Ports :: Port 1 cannot be enabled

Any advise is really appreciated. Thank you.

Photo of Partono

Partono

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of hayk

hayk

• 388 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
1) solo and standalone same thing ...I think they used solo name later at some point. 2) since the change over to Commscope. They probably forgot to port over the ntp to ruckus. You should use a different ntp server.
3) can not help you with that yet, I haven’t used a 7372 in a long time...might have to break one out of the box since a client gave me one.
Photo of Partono

Partono

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
noted and many thanks for your insight :)
for ntp, i did use other ntp servers, but same thing, cannot update/sync :(
Photo of S61

S61

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ran into an issue like this with my zf 7351. Use the ip address of the ntp server and it should sync.
Photo of Partono

Partono

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
just try using ip address, still not sync :( so i'll wait for several hours then :)
Photo of S61

S61

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That's really odd. I use Google's time server "216.239.35.0", and it syncs fine.
Photo of Partono

Partono

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
currently i'm using 216.239.35.0 too, been for a day and no change at all :(
Photo of S61

S61

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Aw man sorry to hear that. Only thing I can think of, is changing the firmware to a previous version, if possible.
Photo of Partono

Partono

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yeah ... I'm thinking to downgrade the firmware too. Anyone has experience using 100.1.0.0.432 or 100.1.0.0.194?

Photo of Partono

Partono

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just downgrade to 100.1.0.0.432 and my problem #3 "Ethernet Ports :: Port 1 cannot be enabled" has been resolved :)
But not for the ntp, still can not sync :(
Photo of Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer, Official Rep

• 429 Posts
  • 138 Reply Likes
Hi Partono,

If you want to troubleshoot further (advance level troubleshooting), I would suggest taking packet captures from from AP, while you try to sync AP with NTP and also download APs support information.

Captures will help us to understand if AP is sending NTP request out and if a response is coming from NTP server.

How to take captures from Ruckus AP?

1- You need a windows computer with wireshark installed on it. Make sure laptop can reach AP's IP address.

2- Login to AP CLI and run below command to enable/disable captures,

To enable:
set capture wifi0 stream

To disable:
set capture wifi0 idle

3- Open wireshark, go to Capture Options.
4. Under Capture: Interface, select Remote. A Remote Interface dialog appears.
5. In Host, enter the IP address of the AP you want to view. Leave the Port field empty and click OK.

User-added image

6The remote host interface list on the right updates. Select br0 from the list 
7. Click Start, Wireshark displays the packet stream in a new window.
8. Try to sync AP with NTP and collect the captures.
9. To analyse the traffic, filter the traffic with keyword "ntp". Investigate the request and response for more information.

This is the advance level of troubleshooting, so I would recommend opening a support case so that support can help you identify and fix the issue.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer
Photo of Partono

Partono

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your advise @Syamantak Omer, I'll take a look and try on your advise.