Need help finding the sps08091 bin file

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Need help finding the sps08091 bin file. I've looked through the downloads and I can't locate it.
Photo of Mike Neubauer

Mike Neubauer

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Ben

Ben, Employee

• 117 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Hey Mike, 

Please log in to your account on support.ruckuswireless.com and then you should be able to download here:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2141-ruckus-icx-fastiron-08-0-91-ga-software-release-zip

I should note that we do not recommend running 8091. I would recommend 8090f or 8092d at the moment. 
Photo of Mike Neubauer

Mike Neubauer

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I understand. I was just trying to match the secondary version the same as the primary. For some reason the secondary version has a SPR instead of SPS. I was just going to replace the SPR08091.bin to SPS08091.bin so it would be the same as the primary.

I downloaded the file but all I see is SPS08091ufi.bin file. I don't see SPS08091.bin. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Photo of Ben

Ben, Employee

• 117 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Hey Mike, 

'SPS' denotes switching (layer 2) code and 'SPR' denotes routing (layer 3) code. You can actually accomplish what you are trying to do through the CLI. You can issue:

copy flash flash secondary

The above will copy the primary image to secondary. 

You would indeed use that UFI image. That file contains the OS image (SPS08091.bin), boot code, POE firmware, etc. all in one bundle. Once it unpacks itself after copy, you would see the image name you are expecting. I would go ahead with the above command, however, as it will save you the hassle. 
Photo of Mike Neubauer

Mike Neubauer

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ok so this command:

copy flash flash secondary

Will copy the primary to the secondary? I just want to be clear. 

Also the switch will not go down or reboot during this process correct?
Photo of Bob Heathote

Bob Heathote

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Correct, will not reboot or go down
Photo of Ben

Ben, Employee

• 117 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Correct, 'copy flash flash secondary' will copy the primary image to secondary flash. The switch function will not be interrupted during this copy. Once finished, you can issue 'show flash' to check the secondary image. 
Photo of Mike Neubauer

Mike Neubauer

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you! I will give it a try.
Photo of Mike Neubauer

Mike Neubauer

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I just did that command and I received a message that the MDF went offline and then received one that it was online. I don't see ping coming through now from the dashboard. Is this normal?
Photo of Mike Neubauer

Mike Neubauer

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Any idea why this may have happened?
Photo of Ben

Ben, Employee

• 114 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
That definitely should not happen. Did it reboot or was it just a missed ping test from an NMS? You can check in 'show version'. Your best bet would be to open support case and have a proper investigation.  
Photo of Mike Neubauer

Mike Neubauer

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It looks like the ping dropped below the 1 to 840m. Is that why we got the alert that it was down? Would that have caused any service interuption?
Photo of Ben

Ben, Employee

• 114 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Well it is an operation on the switch, so it does take some resources to do the action of copying the image. With that said, this is a very small task. This wouldn't take any more than copying via tftp, scp, etc. We do not prioritize responding to pings to IP addresses that we own, so if latency on a ping or two is all that was seen, there likely was no issue with traffic being passed. I am making some assumptions here, but that would be my best guess. As for your alerts, what sent the alert? The thresholds for sending the alert would be up to the program/administrator.