miix 320 devices cannot detect wifi

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
i have 70 windows 10 mobile devices Miix 320's

none of them can see any of my 4 SSID's though other devises can.

with wifi analser i can see both a 2.4 and 5g networks. wifi works on everything else.

i have updated to latest drivers and still nothing. 

any ideas anyone?
Photo of Duncan Nash

Duncan Nash

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Victor Cenac

Victor Cenac

• 45 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
So these are Lenovo Miix 320? What country were they made for and where are they deployed?

I work at a university in US and every once in a while I see a student from an Asian country with a laptop that does not see our WIFI, or can see it but can't join it. We tell them to get a USB wifi dongle and things work ok.

I don't want to venture too much in this territory, but different regions use different radio spectrum.

Also... can you take one of these to a different location to see if you get WIFI? Can you share your phone's wifi to see if the PC can see your phone's wifi?
Photo of Duncan Nash

Duncan Nash

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thankyou for repling.

were are in the UK, i have just had installed a brand new ruckucs system, before i had an older meru system and all 70 devices functioned ok on that system. 

they cannot even see the SSID, this morning we also found our asus notebooks cannot see the SSID, 

im thinking active scanning is needed, to look for these devices. does that sound plausable?
Photo of Ventsislav Velkov

Ventsislav Velkov

• 9 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
what firmware is loaded on your Unleashed Ruckus APs, did you upgrade them to the latest?
Photo of Diego Garcia del Rio

Diego Garcia del Rio

• 80 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
is any device able to see the network? any chance you configured it as a "hidden"  SSID? what controller are you using?
Photo of Duncan Nash

Duncan Nash

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry I can confirm all our other devices connect without issue to all 4 ssids.

The devices in question work fine on other wifi.

But do not see any of the 4 ssids
Photo of Victor Cenac

Victor Cenac

• 45 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
This is puzzling... I would try to assign different channels to SSIDs. Also check to see that your Ruckus system is set to the proper locale.

I would boot one of the problem devices to a Ubuntu live CD (or USB) to eliminate some Windows Driver or Lenovo SafeConnect or some other software issue. If the Ubuntu sees the SSIDs, then you have a software issue... if not....