Meshing T300 outdoor with main router (RB951)

• Question
  • Updated 7 hours ago
  • Answered
Hi there! I have a RouterBoard RB951 as my main router and want to add a ruckus T300 zoneflex as a mesh to basically extend the existing SSID to the building surroundings. What type of set up is required here?
Photo of Martin Nyokolodi

Martin Nyokolodi

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Darrel Rhodes

Darrel Rhodes, Employee

• 141 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Hi Martin,

Ruckus APs only provide wireless mesh (SmartMesh) connectivity to other (capable) Ruckus APs.  Furthermore with a T300 AP, you will need a Ruckus controller in order to enable SmartMesh functionality, such as a ZoneDirector 1200.

I hope that helps,
Darrel.

Martin Nyokolodi

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for replying.

Is the setup possible if I use the Ruckus R600 as Master and add T300 to the network?
Photo of Darrel Rhodes

Darrel Rhodes, Employee

• 141 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Hi Martin,

R600 and T300 APs can certainly be meshed together (providing each AP has sufficient 5GHz signal strength), however this would require a Ruckus controller, such as ZoneDirector 1200 to enable the SmartMesh function.

Regards,
Darrel.
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 2989 Posts
  • 415 Reply Likes
Or for them to both run Unleashed firmware, which supports mesh.
Photo of Darrel Rhodes

Darrel Rhodes, Employee

• 141 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Thanks Michael, I didn't realise T300 could run Unleashed. Everyday is a school-day! :-)

Martin Nyokolodi

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi There. Does ZoneFlex 7372 work as unleashed?

Photo of Darrel Rhodes

Darrel Rhodes, Employee

• 141 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Hi Martin,

ZF7372 is not supported by Unleashed. The platform support generally starts at the first raft of 802.11ac Wave 1 access points, with the odd exception such as R700.  Further details on supported APs here:  https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents?filter=82#documents

Thanks,
Darrel.