ICX 7150 Boot Image Suggestion

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Can anyone suggest TAC recommended Boot and image for ICX 7150?
Photo of Arun A

Arun A

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of NETWizz

NETWizz

• 181 Posts
  • 57 Reply Likes
Not certain about TAC, but I recommend 08.0.80x having run just about everything from 08.0.60 on up on this platform.  08.0.90x is really needed if you use the complete features of SmartZone.

Otherwise, 08.0.80x is fairly mature and rock-solid.
Photo of Logan Taylor

Logan Taylor

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
one of the fixes in 90 is that they fix a potential flaw in where the switch loses power and corrupts boot loader and image, however 90 has 2 bootloader partitions and auto recovery when one of them dies :)
Photo of Josue Jimenez (C)

Josue Jimenez (C), Employee

• 2 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hello, thanks for the question, it would depend on your needs (as previously mentined, SmartZone on newer versions), you can take a look at software release notes...however according with the website the recommended one is 8070d

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software?filter=108#firmwares

Photo of Hashim Bharoocha

Hashim Bharoocha, Employee

• 55 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi Arun,

We recommend latest 8090 for smart Zone Management.
Or we can go with the latest 8070 Code.
8080 is not recommended there will not be any fixes in 8080.  Only 8080e is used to upgrade to the 8090 code.

8080 8070 8090 8091 are all parallel codes so the higher numbers does not necessarily mean higher numbered code is a newer/better  code.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Hashim
Photo of NETWizz

NETWizz

• 181 Posts
  • 57 Reply Likes
Okay, now on the 7150 and 7450 platforms, do you recommend 8090 family or 8091 family?

Just asking because based on this post, it is time for us to do another upgrade and migration to another build family.

Thank you

Best regards,

Justin
Photo of Arne De Lathouwer

Arne De Lathouwer

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
My opinion is to install always the latest version, I have done that the last couple of years and had never problems with that. So for I would suggest upgrading to 08.0.91
Photo of NETWizz

NETWizz

• 166 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Yeah except I think that is predominantly for the new 7850, and they do not have any a, b, c etc builds.  I usually wait a while for products to mature a bit.

That said, 08.0.80e seems to be abandoned being the last release was in April.  None the less, it is a great place to be to upgrade to the UFI build of 08.0.90x or 08.0.91x
Photo of Hashim Bharoocha

Hashim Bharoocha, Employee

• 44 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes

Hi NETWizz,

If you are using SmartZone to manage ICX then please go with latest 8090 code.

If you do not have use SmartZone to Manage the ICX then latest 8070 is fine as well.
Hope this helps.

One more time just for clarifications to everyone:

8080 8070 8090 8091 are all parallel codes so the higher numbers does not necessarily mean higher numbered code is a newer/better  code.

Thanks
Hashim