I have several new R320 ap's and a vscg-E running 5.1.1.0.598 and they will not join.

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I have several new R320 ap's and a vscg-E running 5.1.1.0.598 with AP Patch 2150 and cannot get these to join my VSCG and they are on the same subnet.  Pretty frustrating .  I have set the SCG to the VSCG's ip and also did a set director to the vscg's ip and they will not bring up an SSH tunnel to the controller.  Installed unleashed on them and then  uploaded the m back to 112.0.0.920 and they will not join.  Need help from support  on this one probably.
Photo of Tim Brumbaugh

Tim Brumbaugh

• 27 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 3044 Posts
  • 434 Reply Likes
With a Solo image try 'set scg ip' instead of 'set director ip'...
Photo of Tim Brumbaugh

Tim Brumbaugh

• 27 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
I did that per my message and I have the same result, I did a set director also as in the past we have had that work.  So neither the Set SCG IP nor the Set Director work.

Photo of Diego Garcia del Rio

Diego Garcia del Rio

• 89 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
I had some issues on Zone Director with the country code of the APs not matching the country-code on the ZD. Haven't seen this yet on SZ but are your APs  a US Part Number by any chance (and your SZ configured for non-US devices?) Its a long-shot and I know you mention that you don't see the SSH tunnel established.. but just checking.

If you can mirror traffic on the switch hosting the AP, do you see it trying to initiate ANY connection to SZ?
Photo of Tim Brumbaugh

Tim Brumbaugh

• 27 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
They are US AP's and the VSCG is one I use on our test bed that will take any other AP's but not these 320's.  Setting up a monitor port so that I can do a capture.

Photo of Tim Brumbaugh

Tim Brumbaugh

• 27 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Started a case with Ruckus Support will let you know what we find.
Photo of Tim Brumbaugh

Tim Brumbaugh

• 27 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
So  I feel silly now.  I had upgraded the VSCG to 2150 but did not change the AP Firmware for the defualt zone so the R320's would not show up.  On our VSCG-H it will pull them into the staging zone which does not exist on the VSCG-E.
Photo of Diego Garcia del Rio

Diego Garcia del Rio

• 89 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Thanks for sharing! definitively would have fallen for the same thing!
Photo of Hari

Hari, Employee

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Steps to isolate AP/ZD/SZ/VSZ connectivity issues. 

Network-Based
----------------------------------------
Check the L3 Connectivity (Proper Interface)
Check the L4 Connectivity
Check the port :
(ZD - 1222, 1223 (LWAPP) , FTP)
(SZ - (mDNS)5353, 443, 91 (HTTP), SSH)
Latency - MTU

Administration Based
-------------------------------------------
Does the controller have enough license (Administration>License)
Is the AP model supported by controller(also the respective zone) firmware (Release Notes of each firmware/device)
Are AP and ZD/vSZ in same country code (AP - "get country code" ZD - GUI>Monitor>System)
Is AP approved by SZ - (GUI>Monitor>Access Points)
Staging Zone
Resources
Services are all online
Verify AP cert
lwapp2scg (enable/disable)

One of these steps definitely will help you isolate the issue.
Hope this helps you.