How to create/modify the default guest access captive portal page

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Using ZoneDirector 1200 version 9.13.
When create new Guest Access Service. Only the Logo and Welcome Text can be change. I want to change the whole page such as background, font color, size, type, etc.
Where and how can I change them?
Photo of j lo

j lo

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of David Black

David Black

• 70 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
10.2 allows you to change the background image, turn different elements on/off, and change content of some but not all text fields. It does not allow control over typeface, size, or attributes. As long as the text does not need to change, you could add it to the background image.
Photo of j lo

j lo

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks David, I will upgrade to 10.2 first. As my ZD current version is 9.13
(Edited)
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 2793 Posts
  • 393 Reply Likes
Then it will take two upgrades, first to 10.0 or 10.1, and take a backup before you do, and include version digits in the filename to remind you in case you need to downgrade and restore the config, ie, ZD1200-9-13-3-0-164-config.bkup
Photo of David Black

David Black

• 70 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
It has been an annoyance since the beginning of time that ZDs don't include the version number in the file name.  We like to append the version to the end so that we don't loose the date:  ZD1200_db_051019_19_00 (9.13.3).bak
(Edited)
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 3007 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
Hi David,
   You see your config's have ZD name and Date/Time details, and/but/so it has always been Tech Support's "Best Practices" to include some digits regarding the version.  I don't think the developers will throw in version, but you could ask your SE to file a Field Request!