I did erase the startup config on an ICX 7250 with aaa console enabled. Result seems to be that I erased the users from the local db, but not the requirement to login with one of those users on the console CLI.
Is there a way to fix this?
Did you try the reset password option? Here is the recovering from a lost password process.
If a password has been configured for the device but the password has been lost, you can regain Super User access to the device using the following procedure.
Recovery from a lost password requires direct access to the serial port and a system reset.
- Start a CLI session over the serial interface to the Ruckus ICX device.
- Reboot the device.
- While the system is booting, before the initial system prompt appears, enter b to enter the boot monitor mode.
- Enter no password. (You cannot abbreviate this command.)
- Enter boot. This command causes the device to bypass the system password check.
- After the console prompt reappears, assign a new password.
From 8.0.90 any switch that does not have a startup-config file (which you have erased) will boot up with a default username and p[password, this is the same as we use for our APs;
Note also that in 8.0.90 telnet is disabled by default and SSH enabled.
- 237 Conversations
- 143 Followers