How do I restore the default Ruckus logo for Web portals on a ZD1112?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I uploaded my own logo and now I want to switch back to the Ruckus (dog) logo that was configured from the factory, but I don't succeed.
Photo of sidewinder

sidewinder

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Big Dog

Big Dog

• 58 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi Guy
I think you should back up your config
Reset the ZD to factory default and restore back upded config.
If not try to domwnload an other ruckus Logo and upload it instead of your logo
Photo of sidewinder

sidewinder

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
That is exactly what I did - I downloaded this logo: http://zddemo.ruckuswireless.com/images/logo.gif
Uploaded it to the ZD and clicked "Apply", but after I refresh it keeps reverting to the previous logo. It's frustrating!
Photo of Big Dog

Big Dog

• 58 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Did you try to use another browser? To check the page?
Photo of sidewinder

sidewinder

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I was away from my machine for a while and when I checked the WLAN configuration page again (with same browser though), the ZD accepted the Ruckus logo I downloaded from somewhere.
Anyhow, just out of curiosity, what is the OFFICIAL way to restore the default logo?
Photo of sidewinder

sidewinder

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Is there an official Ruckus article describing how to reset the web portal logo to the default one?
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 2028 Posts
  • 284 Reply Likes
Thanks sidewinder, for helping the community with info I can update that article with, I'm happy to provide the text free of charge (but you should get support...)

Question:  How to change the web portal logo on the ZD to the default one from the user customized logo
Customer Environment:  ZD1100 with 25 dual band APsResolution
Resolution:  In the ZD GUI , we can change the web portal logo to the user defined logo using the following option.

Configure -> Guest access -> Guest access customization.

However after changing the web portal logo to the customized one, if we intend to role back to the default one, the options are as follows.
  1. Upload the same default web portal logo which can be downloaded from the internet.
  2. Make sure that the upload file meets certain criteria in file size.
  3. Check with the ZD GUI under Configure -> Guest access -> Guest access customization for the file size details.
  4. Hard reset the ZD. So that it will go to factory default configuration. 
Default web portal logo file is attached to this Knowledge Base article.

[ and you can use the .gif you previously found ]
(Edited)
Photo of sidewinder

sidewinder

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you. That is roughly what I did, but with a random Ruckus logo I download online (I used a customized Google search to find a logo that meets the size criteria), but I would like to replace that with one from an official source. Looking forward to that. 
Photo of sidewinder

sidewinder

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Michael Brado,

Would you kindly post a link to the official Ruckus logo purposed for web portal use?

Thanks.
(Edited)
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 2028 Posts
  • 284 Reply Likes
I'm unable to attach files in Forums, but this link should work. 

http://zddemo.ruckuswireless.com/images/logo.gif

From KBA-3502
(Edited)
Photo of sidewinder

sidewinder

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks!