Hotspot SSL error SZ100

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Hi,
i am trying to create Hotspot service for Guest.
we don't have any external proxy to authenticate, when i connect to hotspot wifi i am getting error
1. when i connect to hostspot from phone its saying (internet may not available ) if i select keep wi-fi connection and try to brows its taking me unsecured page from there i need to click processed anyway.

2. when  i trying to access from laptop not even working.

let me know how to solve these.

Regards

Bino
Photo of Bino Thomas

Bino Thomas

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer, Official Rep

• 499 Posts
  • 162 Reply Likes
Hi Bino,

It seems a captive portal redirection issue.

When you try to access a http website (say espn.com), after connecting to WLAN, are you getting portal page? If you are getting a security warning, could you confirm if you are using a CA signed certificate for controller and it's related web services?

Please provide more information.

1- WLAN configuration screenshot.
2- Did you configured walled garden?
3- Is the AP and client VLAN is same or different. Try to use same AP and client VLAN and confirm results. If this works.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer
Photo of Bino Thomas

Bino Thomas

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Symantak,

Thank you for the replay.

i am going to use Guest portal instead of Hotspot service.
i am facing problem with SSL certificate error, i am ready to buy SSL certificate how how can i change portal address. now portal address showing IP , i want to change to name then only SSL providers will provide certificate 

Photo of Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer, Official Rep

• 464 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
You can choose your desired name followed by company name.

For example: sz.ruckuswireless.com

If you are going to buy a wild card cert then you just need the company name.

For example: *ruckuswireless.com

Note: Make sure to add DNS entry for the domain name you select or FQDN of the device.

If you have a CA signed wildcard certificate already, you can use it with SZ without buying a new one.

Please refer the article from here, which explains how to create CSR and import the cert on SZ controller.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer