help connecting Apple iPad 1st generation to Unleashed r510

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
Roughly 20 1st Gen Apple Minis are unable to connect with any of our 16 r510 Unleashed network APs. Enduser's BYOD iPhones and newer iPads connect w/o issue everywhere.
I am able to connect to other WiFi networks such as at home and at the local Apple store just not on our Unleashed/Fortigate network. These are for elementary students and must connect to the guest SSID.
Photo of Daniel Sikes

Daniel Sikes

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated and confused but otherwise blessed

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Jesper Bach1

Jesper Bach1

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This may not be the most helpful hint, but i have encountered this issue 'many' times on the i-thingies. It helped resetting 'all' wireless network settings' through the menu on the iPad/iPad Mini/iPhone4+5+6. Same issue on all models, but prevalent towards Ruckus AP's. Dunno why, but always worked for me. Should i suggest another way, try to disable 5GHz.
Photo of Daniel Sikes

Daniel Sikes

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
OK thanks Jesper Bach1 for resetting which ever brain switch was required. Once again I relied solely on the input of end users to set the base from which I started troubleshooting. Jesper's post caused me to rethink and when I looked at the master unleashed AP there it was yelling at me to see the mac address blocked. Sheesh, if I weren't so new to all this I'd kick myself. It's good for one alone in the boonies to be able to reach out and have someone respond. Thanks.